I just don't get it....

Could someone please explain to me what the fascination is with "No First Name" MacGyver? I really don't get it. I mean, Michael has no job and should be sleeping in till like noon every day (like I would be), but he gets up every morning with the sole motivation of watching MacGyver on SpikeTV. EVERY DAY.
Only men like this show, too. So why, I ask you, must they make Richard Dean Anderson look so very 1980's with his sleeveless muscle shirts and feathered, perfectly styled, frosted-blonde hair? Unless he's supposed to appeal to the 1980's gay audience. Maybe...I mean look at this picture. He's holding a very phallic looking explosive device (apparently) that clearly states it's potential DANGER and he's not even wearing protective clothing/gloves. Maybe that is the appeal. He's what every man wishes he could be: the kind of man who can piece together a bomb with an ink pen, a twisty-tie from a trash bag, and a Bic lighter. He's the kind of man who can run faster than the car full of bad guys who are shooting at him (but luckily they all have terrible aim). He's the kind of guy who has an arch nemesis, Murdoc, whom he always manages to outrun, outsmart, probably outfuck in every single episode. Maybe it's just because I'm a woman. I don't get it. I would rather clip the toenails of homeless people than be forced to sit through an episode of MacGyver. And what the hell is the deal with him not having a first name? Now that's just annoying. At least during the last season of Sex & The City, they actually tell you Mr. Big's real name. Bastards.
Anyway...on to random subject number two. Remember this blog entry? Well, today I got the truth. It was not my Statistics professor. IT WAS HIS TWIN. I am not making this stuff up!! This morning I had to run about a million errands on campus and while I was finally walking towards my building, I saw my Stats teacher walking next to who was apparently his identical twin. And his twin was THE VERY SAME ASSHOLE who let me bite it hard on the pavement that day I fell down and didn't offer to help me. Well, at least that's cleared up. I know it wasn't my teacher.
Anyway, TGI freaking F. SO glad it's the weekend (except for the fact that we open our crappy show tonight). Good luck to any and all of my friends auditioning for Ragtime, and to my friends in Jesus Christ Superstar, break a leg my sweeties!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home