Thursday, June 23, 2005

Where's the dutiful knight....?



Ladies, I'm sorry to have to be the one to break this to you. But chivalry is, in fact, DEAD. Deceased. No more. Fin.

Do you want to know how I know this? I found out yesterday after work, as I was walking to my car. Let me give a little back story. I am not the most graceful person in the world, by anyone's standards. I am very prone to tripping, stumbling, etc. I usually don't fall, though. It's just a slight catch of the toe of my shoe and then I'm fine. Yesterday was different. As I was walking the trek to my car, laden with school bag, purse, huge bottle of water, and sheet of paper with Boston apartments on it. Right before I get to my parked car, which is right outside of Voertman's, I trip on a raised piece of sidewalk. Now, when I say that I usually don't fall, it's probably because I'm usually not carrying so much crap with me. This time, I was seriously weighed down and I bit it HARD. Fell flat on my face, landing on the left side of my rib cage and of course, skinning the heels of my palms (which I haven't done since I was a kid) and crying out because, well, it HURT, dammit! Now here comes the worst part.

There was a guy standing RIGHT THERE, waiting to cross the street. Did he ask, "Are you okay?" Did he offer a hand to help me up or help pick all my stuff up? Did he even acknowledge my gracelessness by even chuckling or laughing? NO! HE DIDN"T DO A GODDAMN THING. He stood there. Didn't even turn his head from what I can tell. He's lucky the traffic let up enough for him to cross the street before I could get back up and ask him where the fuck he was raised. I mean, it's one thing if I trip. But I FELL, and it hurt. I'm okay, a little sore in the ribs today...LOL. But you know what? That wasn't even the VERY worst part. The VERY worst part was the identity of the anti-chivalric male. It was my STATISTICS TEACHER. I swear to God! I should get an "A" in the class now and not even have to show up anymore. What a bastard. He has a tattoo on his right forearm that says "Anti-Hero" and boy is that right on the money. What a bastard. I hope he falls down the stairs today. Ass.

Anyway. I changed the picture and background of my blog. Likey? I like it. I can't figure out where the comments have gone, though. I didn't change the template at all beyond the very top part. I'm working on it, though. I've contacted Blogger and hopefully I'll have them back up soon, so's I can get your feedback.

That's all for this morning...I have a lot more to say, but I'm really behind at work, so this is it for now. Have a great Thursday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home