Friday, October 21, 2005

Touch the spindle...Touch it, I say!

Pardon me if I seem a little light-headed. I just got back from donating blood here at work, and I never deal with that very well. It never hurts, really. The finger prick during the consultation hurts worse than the Needle. But, I did happen to look over just as the nurse was putting the Needle into my arm, and that freaked me out a tiny bit. Now all I want to do is take a loooooong nap...

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my Cyber-Magnetism story. Not one of my finer moments in life, I must say...but every time I tell the story it gets a little easier. Thanks for all your comments and support.

The drama here on the northern front from the southern front has cooled a little bit. Probably because I found that handy little "just ignore it" button that my mom's been telling me about all these years. Handy little gadget, that is.

Wednesday night my department invited me out to a company paid for dinner at Legal Seafood. I was one of three females there, and I didn't even know the other two so I sat with a bunch of the guys. Let me tell you, these corporate types know how to party. Plates upon plates of appetizers were placed before us: tuna sashimi, oysters (raw and fried), calamari, popcorn shrimp, you name it. Then they passed out wine glasses....ohhhh boy. It was reminiscent of my college days when somehow my glass always stayed full yet I was never the one who filled it. Thank God for public transportation because we were all drunk by the time we left.

I was late the next morning, but only by about 20 minutes, and I certainly wasn't the only bleary-eyed soul around. My brother said it well when he said, "Well they can't get mad at you, they took you out and got you drunk!" Hahaha. Speaking of my brothers...they and my dad are going to Billy Bob's in Fort Worth tonight to see Merle Haggard. dude, I would so go if I were back home...just because it'd be funny.

Spent this entire morning actively NOT working, but spending time in a yahoo chat window with Shelly, Trash, and Caleb....a bunch of people from high school. Holy shit that was fun...I was cracking up, but trying to do what I call the Silent Smoker Laugh so that I didn't get in trouble!

Very very glad it's Friday...couldn't imagine waking up early tomorrow. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. *kisses*

~Frecklehead

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Excuse the open flirt but, you are soooo adorable. I just love reading about your life.

Take Care
Michael

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home