Monday, October 17, 2005

A Request

To all my blogger-friends and readers and even the non-friends, I am asking a favor.

I just got an email from my dad, telling me that my Nana (his mother) is back in the emergency room. Unfortunately, this is not much of a surprise. She suffers from pancreitis and an intestinal problem...neither of which I will go into detail about. It's not necessary, and it can turn the stomach. She's been suffering from these ailments for years now...mainly because she's a stubborn Southern woman who absolutely refused to quit smoking or drinking.

She only goes to the hospital when the pain becomes too much, and she gets painkillers for a few days and is then sent home.

Again, unfortunately, we all have resigned ourselves to knowing that each time might be the last time. I am used to her trips to the hospital, but it is obviously much more difficult when I'm way up here, 2000 miles away from her for the first time in my life. I just keep waiting for that phone call...telling me to come home for a few days...

I guess what I'm asking for here are not prayers for her recovery...we all know that she's beyond that. But I guess I want prayers for acceptance from my dad and Aunt Vickie. As I've said, she's a stubborn Southern woman...even to the point of fighting any and everyone on issues of faith.

My dad and aunt only want her to make her peace with God before she dies. It's so sad to stop and think...really think...that those you love so much may not spend eternity with you. She says she has...but my dad is the type of person who needs to SEE it to believe it. Once again, she's stubborn...I don't think she'd say something just to please other people.

I know that the day is inevitable...just like I know they'll ask me to sing at her funeral. I just hope we're all ready...

~Frecklehead

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Zoom said...

You've got it.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Suldog said...

Indeed.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home