Notte Bella

I must say first of all, that it's damn depressing to be at work today when so many businesses and schools are closed for Columbus Day. Why can't the company I work for take a day off to remember good ol' Chris Columbus? Walking down Main Street in Cambridge this morning was weird. Normally the streets are lined with people, students and contstruction workers, on their way to work/class/whatever. This morning the streets were almost empty. I was one of the few poor bastards on their way to work. *sigh*
It's even worse when I have to be one of the few working today after coming off of a pretty good weekend....despite Major League Sports making me it's little bitch all weekend long.
Sports Recap: (for those who don't give a shit, scroll down.)
The Red Sox were swept by the Chicago White Sox and knocked out of the playoffs. I cried. I'm man enough to admit it (or woman enough...whatever). Seeing Tony Graffanino and Kevin Millar with their heads in their hands was enough to break my heart. I don't want my team to break up...I know that changes are a natural part of the sports world, but I want this team exactly the way it was (except maybe minus Keith Foulke. I don't need that trash-talker). *SIGH*
The Eagles, for some reason unbeknownst to all mankind, lost to the Dallas Cowboys. WTF?????? And I don't care how much any Cowboys fan hates the Eagles, NOT ONE OF THEM can tell me "Oh, I knew we'd win." Because the truth is, the Eagles should have won. I'm still shaking my head going, "Wha' happen?" about that one.
The Patriots won, which is actually a good thing because they beat the Falcons, who are in our conference. However, they won by a field goal after playing sloppily all game, enough to let the Falcons earn 15 points to tie the game in the fourth quarter. Squeaking by on a field goal from time to time neither makes you a great team nor makes Adam Vinatieri a hero. Bah.
The Yankees beat the Angels, making that series tied 2-2. The Angels MUST win tonight. If the Red Sox can't make it into the ALCS, then the Yankees don't deserve to be there either.
The only good thing in the Sports World: Texas (UT) beat OU FINALLY in the Red River Rivalry. It's about time!! Hook 'em, Horns!!
Okay Sports Recap is over.
Michael's cousin Julie and her fiancée Carmelo came into town from Albany on Saturday morning to visit us. I had never met Julie before, so this was really fun for me. We were up late Friday night getting everything cleaned up for company. This was, after all, the first company we've had since moving. They had rented an SUV, so they drove us to Target and the grocery store, so we could finally get some of the things we needed but couldn't carry home while walking. We got a microwave, a brita water filter, a humidifier for the bedroom, some groceries, new umbrellas, and a few other odds & ends.
Later Saturday night we all changed clothes and headed downtown to find a nice place for dinner. We wanted to just walk around and find a place that was fun, since Julie and Carmelo had never been to Boston. But it was POURING down rain. Finally we gave up and hopped into the nearest cab. We rode into the North End and decided to walk up and down Hanover Street (this is pretty much the Italian District of Boston) to find a restaurant. We finally found an adorable little place and proceeded to have the most amazing dinner and bottle of wine. I had Roast Pork alla Pear. Oh my freaking lord, it was so delicious!
When we got home we just chilled out and had coffee/Bailey's with birthday cake and talked late into the night. They left early on Sunday afternoon, and I must say I felt rather like a child. As soon as they left and the door closed I just burst into tears for no reason. I guess I didn't realize how much I missed having friends and family over until we had company come and leave. I was fine after about 20 minutes, but I was just so irrationally disappointed to see them go. :(
So now I'm at work, drinking hot cocoa and looking out at the rain, wishing I were back home in bed with Michael.
Stay tuned for another story (cara. :) ): I will tell, for the first time, the full story of my Internet Love, which turned out to be one of the most traumatic experiences of my life. It is a story of naiveté, deception, and anorexia. Fun times...
~Frecklehead

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home