Friday, October 28, 2005

Must...Kill...Morons

Aren't Fridays supposed to be the relaxing day? The day where you can just sorta fake-work and chill out, knowing that the next couple of days are free and easy?

Apparently not THIS particular Friday. Jesus, I've been pissed off already so many times this morning that, by lunch time, I was ready for a stiff martini and a gorgeous man to massage my tense muscles.

You know the day isn't going to go well when you wake up way too late to even consider a shower. So, I washed my face rigorously and gave my mouth a treatment any dentist would approve of, and tried to make sure I didn't smell terrible. Hair in a bun and jeans and a t-shirt and I'm ready to go.

Then, as I'm walking to work from the T station, a girl crossing the street several yards ahead of me gets hit by a freakin car! I think she was going to be okay though...she kept trying to raise her head and look around, but the people around her were trying to keep her flat. I could hear sirens coming, so at least she didnt' just have to lie there on the cold street forever. Yeeeesh.

Finally....my frustration level with my work environment continues to mount. When I got hired on by Staffmark, the temp agency, I was told a couple of things. One of those things was that I'd be making from $x-y per hour, depending on the job. The other was that my direct deposit would be set up within two weeks. Well...seven weeks later I still do not have direct deposit set up, which is total bullshit. I've called, I've emailed, I've yelled at people who had nothing to do with it since the people that had everything to do with it can't seem to tell their asshole from a hole in the ground.

Also, that pay range they quoted me? I am making the absolute lowest of that range per hour...and that is also bullshit. Especially when you consider how much this company is paying Staffmark for their "services" of finding me for them. I emailed them this morning (since no one answered the phone) and asked to set up a time when a Staffmark representative can call my boss Matt and discuss paying me more. I know for a fact that I am making at LEAST half of what other admins doing the same type of work are making.

I also spent what seemed like the first four hours of my day today on the phone with cell phone companies. Apparently there was a lot of shite that didn't get taken care of before some personnel changes were made, and me and a few other poor bastards are having to pick up the pieces. ARRRGHHH.

Oh, and my left arm is KILLING me from that flu shot I got two days ago. Happy Halloween everyone. Bring on the booze.

~Frecklehead.

2 Comments:

Blogger Suldog said...

Buck up, little camper. There's two free days and a bottle waiting for you somewhere at the end of this day.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Its Friday and you are gone by now.
Have a great weekend.

Take Care
Michael

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home