The Halloween Fairy
This morning, when I walked into work from the pouring rain (at least it's actually raining now, not that spitty shit that just makes you feel gross), I had a treat (not a trick) on my desk. It appears that the Halloween Fairy has made a stop by my office! I like to keep a basket full of candy on my desk. Some say that doing this is a poor move for women in the workplace...it makes them more of a "mom" or "wife" character and less of a professional woman in the workplace. Screw that, I say. It helps me make friends. ;)
So anyway, of late I haven't had the time to go by the store and purchase bags of candy (the thing will be full at 8am and empty by 5pm usually...these people are scavengers). However, now the basket is overflowing with sugary sweet treats for all to enjoy...especially ME. I have no idea who brought it, and I like the mystery of it all.
Speaking of Halloween, our Salem plans this weekend could very well be put on hold if this rain doesn't stop. As much as I love walking around in the cold rain all day....I'd rather wait until the precipitation stops at least. Cloudy I can handle. But I don't want to be humid and wet all day. Plus, it's so windy it makes using an umbrella damn near impossible.
So, I've come to a few more realizations over the last 24 hours. For one thing, I've decided that I'm officially getting old. Some people from work were stopping at a bar for drinks after work yesterday, and they invited me along. As kind as their invitation was, I just was not in the mood to go drinking. All I wanted to do was go home, put on my sweats, and watch t.v./play on the computer. So that's what I did. Then, when Michael got home we ordered Chinese takeout and watched Scream 3 on TBS. And it was a perfect evening for me! I've also noticed that i'd much rather go to dinner at a married (even with kids) couple's house than go out to the bars or the club scene. God, I'm boring. And I love it.
Another thing I have realized (through watching Laguna Beach, no less) is that I had much less drama in my life IN High School. Everyone was real back then, and I never had to walk on eggshells around anyone. It was once I got to college that everything got all f*cked up. Now, here I am at 24 years old, and I feel like these are the issues I should have faced in high school. What a pain in my ass. But the glorious part of this story is that I've come to know, just in the past day or so, the RELIEF that comes from the realization that some people just like drama. And, no matter what you say to them, they will continue to have their own issues. And I have no time for that. Friendship takes work, but it shouldn't be SO HARD to make sure you aren't pissing someone off here or there. Jesus Christ, and the worst part? I'm always the one who is wrong. That doesn't sound like a balanced friendship to me. So, I say to hell with it. :)
The last thing I've realized is, I'm going to die on an MBTA bus. In the snow. They won't find my body until the snow thaws....remember me well, those who knew me.
~Frecklehead

2 Comments:
Oh dear ... please don't call yourself old. If you're old, I should definitely get my pajamas on.
Really. Compared to you, Frecklehead, I'm Methusela. As a matter of fact, I just realized that I am exactly twice as old as you (I'm 48).
Excuse me. I'm going to go drink some Geritol.
Post a Comment
<< Home