A Futile Attempt
This morning, I was one of the many people seen struggling down the street with an umbrella. Seriously, when winds are at 45mph, there is not much point in trying to keep the sonofabitch open, but going without one is also not an option because it's pouring. This is my first experience with what is called a "nor'easter," and I must say I don't like them very much...and there's not even snow involved in this one! I wonder if I'll prefer the snow to the rain...ask me in a couple of months. It's supposed to snow (possibly) a little bit tonight and tomorrow, but no accumulation yet. We'll see.
So, even though I got over 8 hours of sleep last night, I'm exhausted. It's warm in here, I'm wearing my favorite light blue cuddly sweater, and I battled a monsoon outside. I want to take a nap. But, I am very excited about my little kid lunch of Chicken & Stars soup and a sandwich. :) No notes written on napkins anymore though...
Last night Michael and I crashed. I made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato bisque soup, which, coupled with a tall glass of milk is the perfect comfort food to relax on a Monday evening. We watched one and a half episodes of the most recent "I Love the 80s" on Vh1 (god, I love those shows) and crashed. I haven't fallen asleep that quickly in a while.
Speaking of T.V. shows I'm obsessed with, any time there is any sort of "countdown" show on E!, Vh1, Bravo, etc...I will watch it every time. This weekend it was AFI's "Top 100 Movie Quotes" on Bravo.
Some of my favorites:
"Soylent green is PEOPLE!"
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape."
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."
"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse."
Can you guess what the number one quote was (without cheating)? Hint: it wasn't one of the ones I just mentioned. Also, do you know which movie had the most quotes taken from it on the countdown?
Finally, what's your favorite movie quote of all time?

5 Comments:
"Solvent" green? I think that's something completely different. Now, "Soylent green" ...
I would guess that Casablanca or Gone With the Wind would be the movie appearing most often, and that "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" would be #1.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Okay I fixed the typo. I was watching it from the kitchen at the time, and my eyes suck. PFFFT.
;) J/K Dr. Zoom..thank you!!
I have just began to notice specific lines in movies.
I really like the line in Robots "It's a combination of jazz and funk, it's junk"
Take Care
Michael
I don't know the exact quote, but it makes me cry every time. It's from the last Lord of the Rings movie when Sam says something like, "Maybe I can't carry it for you, but I can carry YOU!"
Post a Comment
<< Home