Don't Tell Mama
First of all....I apologize for the general gloominess of the previous blog posts. It was a rough end of last week for me. I was feeling very lonely and ignored (still feeling the latter, but I'm getting over it), plus the fact that I think I have a sinus infection, so I've been trying to fight that off all weekend. Anyway...moving on.Friday evening I got home to find my birthday package from home!! I got some really cool things from my family. My mom got me a new outfit from Foley's...very cute. My brother got me the "Curse Reversed" edition of the movie Fever Pitch on DVD, which I watched (and loved) last night. My grandparents got me the ENTIRE first season of the original Muppet Show on DVD (*happy dance*), and my aunt got me some really pretty pink jewelry (which I am wearing today).
The Sox beat the Yankees on Friday night (thanks in part to a home run by my second husband, Jason Varitek), which made it an almost perfect evening. The only non-perfect part was that I was starting to feel ill.
Saturday I sat around all day, feeling like ass. I did laundry and watched the Sox LOSE to the Yankees, enabling the Yanks to clinch the AL East division....eh. Whatever. I went to bed at 10pm that night, praying to God that I would feel better for my callback on Sunday.
The callbacks were...interesting. The dance audition was a freakin blast. I love the style of dancing required of this show. Lots of hip-swiveling and ass-shaking..just generally lots of attitude and sexuality required. I think I did really well. Then a few of us were asked to stay for cold readings. I figured that, based on my audition, I would be reading for Sally and/or Fraulein Kost. I did read for Kost once, but there was another lady there who wanted Kost, and she read amazingly well. I hope she gets that. Then the rest of the afternoon, they had me reading for Fraulein Schneider, which I found very odd. The character of Fraulein Schneider is quite a bit older than I am comfortable playing.
They also had a bunch of extremely young girls reading for Sally. The oldest could not have been more than 18 or 19 at the most. And it's not that they were young so much as they read horribly. I was extremely underwhelmed by the reading ability (and the horrible fake English accents) of these girls. They obviously wanted to go with a young, skinny thing for Sally. Whatever.
So I get a call from the associate director last night, fully intending to turn down Fraulein Schneider if they offered that to me. However, I was offered the role of one of the Cabaret girls..one of the Kit Kat girls if you will. Apparently they are going with a "seven deadly sins" theme with the Kit Kat girls, which sounds very interesting. I accepted, because the KK girls get to dance their asses off and look incredibly sexy. I can't wait!!
So, overall, I am happy with the results of the audition. If the actress playing Sally sucks, it's going to be difficult to endure, but whatever. We'll see.
Must get some work done now...just wanted to leave you all with an update.
*MUAH*
~Frecklehead

2 Comments:
Mmm ... mmm ... mmm ... I love me some Kit Kat Girls. Congratulations!
Your playing Frau Schneider would have been almost as ludicrous as my playing Sir Danvers in J&H ... umm ... never m ind.
Congrats on the part.
You'll need to keep us updated with dates for ticket sales and performances. It's only a three hour trip for me and would love to see you perform.
Take Care
the other Michael
Post a Comment
<< Home