Changes...
Ahhh, how things change in a couple of hours.
I just backed out of the show. "Why?" you ask? Well, because I found out that, since this company is basing the Kit Kat Girls on the Seven Deadly Sins, that mine was going to be...
GLUTTONY
I am very very uncomfortable with that, and I can only imagine how it would be demonstrated onstage. Also, the more I look at how I'd have to finagle my way on the buses/trains to get to the performance/rehearsal space and how long it would take me each time (we're talking leaving rehearsal at 9:30 pm and not getting home, which is 8 miles away, until after 11:00 pm).....the less appealing this whole thing sounds.
I know how I get when I'm not 100% sure or confident in a show, I was like that upon initially being cast as Kim in ShowBoat, and I don't think it's fair to the cast or the directing staff to go into a rehearsal process knowing that I'm unhappy.
I have done a lot lately and had a lot happen that has increased my self confidence, and frankly, I don't want to be involved in something that might make that process backwards.
I'm sure there are some who will call me every name in the book, but I know ME. And I'm the only one who knows ME. And I don't think I'd enjoy being "the fat girl who can sing --let's make her GLUTTONY!!" in this production.
Frecklehead OUT.
I just backed out of the show. "Why?" you ask? Well, because I found out that, since this company is basing the Kit Kat Girls on the Seven Deadly Sins, that mine was going to be...
GLUTTONY
I am very very uncomfortable with that, and I can only imagine how it would be demonstrated onstage. Also, the more I look at how I'd have to finagle my way on the buses/trains to get to the performance/rehearsal space and how long it would take me each time (we're talking leaving rehearsal at 9:30 pm and not getting home, which is 8 miles away, until after 11:00 pm).....the less appealing this whole thing sounds.
I know how I get when I'm not 100% sure or confident in a show, I was like that upon initially being cast as Kim in ShowBoat, and I don't think it's fair to the cast or the directing staff to go into a rehearsal process knowing that I'm unhappy.
I have done a lot lately and had a lot happen that has increased my self confidence, and frankly, I don't want to be involved in something that might make that process backwards.
I'm sure there are some who will call me every name in the book, but I know ME. And I'm the only one who knows ME. And I don't think I'd enjoy being "the fat girl who can sing --let's make her GLUTTONY!!" in this production.
Frecklehead OUT.

5 Comments:
I always believed a maybe was a NO.
Hold out for what you deserve. Only the best.
Take Care
Michael
There will be many, many more opportunities for you. Enjoy the "you time."
You? Fat? Not from the pictures I've seen. You look like a beautiful, healthy woman. Correct me if I'm wrong...
I totally would have backed out too. Good for you. You went on an audition, LESS than a month after getting to Boston AND you got in! I'd say that's a big case for kudos for you!!! You have such a bright future, there is not need to take up your time with something that will potentially make you miserable.
:-)
And again.. HAPPY BIRFDAY!
I do have to admit I'm intrigued by the idea of the Kit Kat Girls being the Seven Deadly Sins. As a director, I appreciate the innovative approach.
That said ... you aren't a "fat gitl" based on what I've seen.
So there.
Post a Comment
<< Home