Wednesday, September 07, 2005

WOW

You wanna know why I love the Red Sox? SEVERAL REASONS. However, two big reasons are standing out to me right now:

1) Last night's game was AMAZING. When David Ortiz hit that walk-off home run at the bottom of the ninth, I went NUTS. It drives me crazy that the freaking game is being played less than 2o miles from my apartment. DAMN I wish I had the money to buy tix off a scalper...

2) My favorite team member, Curt Schilling (pictured above praying before he starts the game. He even took his HAT off!) and his wife Shonda paid for a family of 9 affected by Hurricane Katrina to live in a Boston hotel for ONE YEAR, and gave them tickets to the Red Sox games. How amazingly selfless is that?? The Sox are also taking donations in autography alley before every game and sending the money to relief efforts. AND they're hosting a Blood Drive on Sunday at Fenway Park all day. Awesome.

In sad news, Bob Denver, our beloved Gilligan, died. :( You will be missed, little buddy.

Also, I'm starting to feel like I'll never get a job. I think I"m just sick of looking at boxes, but also sick of unpacking them, sick of being bored....*sigh* It will get better, I know...

Don't have much to say today. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home