Thursday, September 22, 2005

UGH. Disgusting


For my many friends who don't give a rat's ass about sports, please take at least a few minutes to mourn with me. The man to the left of these words is none other than Tim Wakefield, aka The Knuckleballer, aka My Future Husband.

This man has a solid, specialized pitch that manages to befuddle most batters he faces. Yet he is only human. He cannot pitch nine innings. He must rest!!

So we call on the best middle relief pitcher in the bullpen, Mike Timlin. With two outs to go and a 2 point lead in the top of the 8th, Timlin comes to relieve my beloved Wakefield. 5 runs later, we get that third out. And this morning, what do I see?

Horror of horrors.

The Yankees are now leading the AL East.

*Wailing and gnashing of teeth*

The Red Sox now must fight to regain a WILD CARD spot, much less a guarantee into the playoffs.

Come on guys...you have the undying, long-suffering support of millions of fans. Do this little Texas gal a favor and STEP IT UP A NOTCH.

*sigh*

Actually, "sigh" doesn't express it enough.

I still love you Timmy. Your knuckleball rocks my world. Even if my second love, Jason Varitek, can't catch it.

*Waaaaiiil*

2 Comments:

Blogger Suldog said...

Frecklehead:

Keep the faith, my friend. I've written something that might buck up your spirits, and those of anyone else who might be thinking dark thoughts about Ye Olde Sox.

http://jimsuldog.blogspot.com

12:39 PM  
Blogger Peakah said...

Buwahahah...

I love watching the Red Sux in October (well, except for last year!)

Keep the faith, they will let you down again this year, I hope!

Forgive me, I'm still bitter from the 4 in a row after being down 3-0 to my team... the you know who's...

Regardless of team affiliation, isn't this the best time of the year?!!

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home