Friday, September 09, 2005

Something new every day.


Today was a fun day...learned several valuable lessons:


1) There are different types of vermin that live near the dumpsters in Massachusetts are much different than the types you see in Texas. For example, last night I almost peed my pants when I made a trip to the dumpster and a SKUNK ran almost right across my feet. Jeez...I was more afraid that I had scared IT and that it would spray it's nasty ass-stank all over me. *Shudder*


2) Don't try to sing for an audition when you haven't sung in months and you're having your feminine times. You just suck and then you want to cry because you sucked. It's just mean to make someone sightread anything by Benjamin Britten. Damn that man. Oh well, he said he'd put me on the sub list.


3) Boston has really amazing Thai food restaurants. For not too expensive.


4) There is always something educational to see in Boston. For example, on my way to the church to audition today, I passed two tour groups led by people in Colonial garb, as well as a cemetary that housed the tomb of THE Benjamin Franklin.


5) If you must dress up to go into Boston, wear flip flops or tennis shoes and carry the pretty Steve Maddens IN YOUR BAG. I have some mean, painful feet right now. :(


6) There is no such thing as personal space on the T. One little jerk on the train is enough to fall into a stranger's lap. Sometimes that stranger doesn't smell so good. Why is it that I can't fall on the sexy businessman in his Armani suit? Damn.


7) There are actually churches up here that are NOT Catholic. Michael and I have plans to visit Park Street Congregational Church on Sunday morning.


8) I'm going to hell for this, but I'm sick of hearing about Hurricane Katrina and seeing only the black victims on T.V. Journalists make me sick. I know there are upper-middle class white people who were affected, too, but do we see them in the news?? NO. AND I'm SO FREAKIN SICK of people blaming the President. You know the most valuable lesson learned through all of this? This country will always find someone or something to blame. And I'm tired of it.


9) Being able to watch the Red Sox every night kicks so much ass.


10) Don't really have a number 10...just thought there ought to be 10. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

You are the 10.


Take Care
the other Michael

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home