Not in Texas anymore..
Well Toto, we're definitely out of the South. Two major things happened today...one is cool (sorta) and the other is really really shitty.Cool thing: God really does answer prayers. Michael and I slept kinda late today and tried to muster up the will and strength to move the rest of the shit off the truck. So we get down there and notice pretty quickly that there's not a snowball's chance in hell of me being able to lift the dressers and/or couches. Last night I asked God for SOME kind of help. Sure enough, there was a guy workin on his car next to the Budget truck and he just looked at us for a few minutes. He was wearing a tshirt of a moving company. LOL Long story short, he helped us out and we paid him $60 to do it. It was all we had on us, and the job was definitely worth more than what we could pay him. I told Michael he was our smoking, cursing, Eastern European angel. :) We couldn't have done it AT ALL without his help.
Shitty thing: we came back up to shower and had forgotten to bring up the heavy box that we had holding the door open. When we went to bring it up....it was gone. MOTHERFUCKER. And of course it was an unmarked box, so I have no idea at hte moment what was in it. I guess we'll find out when everything is unpacked and we are missing things. *HUGE SIGH* At first I thought my jewelry box was in there (with some really nice stuff, btw) but I found that one (whew!).
Both of these are totally signs that we're in a different world up here. In Texas, the guy would've refused our money and just asked for a cold glass of iced tea...MAYBE $20 at most. In Texas the box could've stayed there for a week and never gotten stolen. Oh well...I guess you learn once the hard way and then never make the same mistake again. *again, SIGH*
But whatever. It's still an adventure, that's for sure. More info as it comes...

1 Comments:
THAT TOTALLY SUCKS that your stuff was stolen, but really it has nothing to do with the area of the country, at all.
Being in Texas or not being in Texas is really not the issue. It has to do with being in a city vs. not being in a city. If you left your stuff sitting outside in MANY areas of Dallas, it would have been lifted in a matter of mintues as well. Don't confuse the two! :-). You are getting used to living in a MAJOR urban area for the first time. It's not a Texas vs. the Northeast thing, it's a major city vs. small town thing. Give it a chance. Yes, it will have significant differences, but give it and the people a chance before writing them off...
:-)
Post a Comment
<< Home