Monday, September 12, 2005

FINALLY


I told you all I'd get around to it. I was tagged by several people, so here ya go:

10 Years ago: I was almost 14, I had just started my 8th grade year at Krum Middle School in the armpit of Texas. I had frizzy hair and braces, and I was miserable. My parents had just gotten divorced, and I had some serious "Fitting In" issues at school. Glad that phase didn't last long.

5 Years ago: I was almost 19. I was a freshman in college, living with my friend Shelly and WAY too young to be doing so. I was still obssessing about my weight when, in actuality, I was the skinniest I have ever been thanks to the going out drinking/dancing every night. I was a musical theatre major (that would eventually change) and I had extremely low self esteem!

1 Year ago: I was about to turn 23. I was right smack in the middle of rehearsals for a production of Jekyll & Hyde, and I was playing Emma Carew. After 5 years of playing chorus roles in Denton, this was my first lead! I couldn't stand the guy playing Jekyll/Hyde, but I met some really great new friends. I got home one night and Michael had gotten me a dozen long-stemmed red roses for my birthday. We had been living together for a year, almost, and I was so happy to be in such a committed relationship (not much has changed!).

Yesterday: I was still 23. I got up and went to a new church with Michael in Boston, the city in which I have lived for exactly a week and a half. I then made lunch and watched a lot of NFL games, as well as parts of the Agassi/Federer match and the Red Sox/Yankees game. I reflected on how much of a sports nut I have become! I also got very discouraged about job searching, and then watched a whole bunch of September 11th documentaries on The Hitler (History) Channel, A&E, and The Discovery Channel. Watched My Fair Brady and then went to bed.

5 Songs I Know All the Words to: Just five? Okay. "More Than Words" by Extreme, "Fly Me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra, "Moon River" by Henry Mancini, "Baby Got Back," by Sir Mix-a-Lot, "Alone" by Heart. I just picked 5 random ones!

5 Favorite Snacks: Pistachio nuts, Sweet Tarts (thank you BABS! haha), KC Masterpiece BBQ chips, Chips & Salsa, Twizzlers

5 Things I would do with $100 million: Never work again except for charities, Buy a huge house with room for a grand piano, Pay off my student loans, Buy a boat, Buy a pair of Manolo Blahnik strappy sandals.

5 Places I would run away to: Hawaii; Florence, Italy; Greece; Cape Cod; The French Riviera

5 Things I would never wear: a thong bathing suit, paisley pants, midriff baring tops (at least not in public!), horizontal stripes, Ugg boots.

5 Favorite t.v. shows: Sex & The City, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Friends, Family Guy, The Simpsons

5 Greatest Joys: hearing Michael say "I love you" and saying it back, playing with my niece, being onstage, Singing, being able to fit into my skinny pants.

5 Toys: my cell phone, my computer, anything I can fidget with, my proverbial iPod, Blogging!

5 People I'm tagging: Everyone's already done this but me. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I love snapshots into people's lives.

Take Care
the other Michael

8:38 AM  
Blogger Suldog said...

Frecklehead:

Stumbled across your space while surfing. Just started reading your stuff and I'm enjoying it very much.

I am also a person of redheaded extraction, also in Boston (although I'm a native.) You might like to stumble on over to my page and read my scribblings sometime.

Take care and God bless.

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home