False Alarm
Okay so some good news:While we still have not (and probably never will) discovered what happened to our box, we did discover that the box did in fact contain only groceries. The DVD Player and stuff that we thought were in the stolen box was discovered this evening, buried at the bottom of a larger box. So....WHEW. And it's actually a good thing that we had the box taken b/c there is seriously no more room in the kitchen. I've got things stashed in such weird places....this apartment has several good qualities, but storage space is not one of them. Suck job.
Also, Michael had to call the police today while I was trying to take a nap. Apparently we are (literally) the ONLY Americans who live in this apartment complex, and some of the neighbors were hosting the running of the bulls in the apartment above us. There was seriously banging and stomping and running sounds (the kind that were making our light fixtures shake) for about 6 hours. The cop was really nice, but basically said, "Yeah, get used to it." He wasn't a dick, he was just very straightforward (as most people up here are). Told Michael he could tell we were nice people but that we didnt' exactly pick the nicest place to live (duh). He also said, "Make sure you keep an eye on your wife and don't let her walk around by herself after dahk (dark)." hahaha. Note to self: buy can of mace for keychain.
So, it's still one adventure after another. But I've been walking my ass off, so hopefully I'll be looking pretty hot by Christmastime! :)

2 Comments:
Before you buy that can of mace for the keychain, you may want to check the following:
http://www.ci.boston.ma.us/police/mace.asp
Basically, state law requires you to have a firearms owner ID (I know, coming from Texas, the question is, "WHAT? I have to have an ID just to POSSESS a firearm?") of the specific class needed for any type of chemical spray to be owned/purchased.
Theoretically, it should be easier to acquire than one to actually purchase a firearm, but, you have entered the bastion of liberal la-la loony land...
And don't forget... a haht attack is often fatal and doesn't actually involve a hat. Welcome to Boston! Glad the DVD player is safe.
Post a Comment
<< Home