Breaking Point

How is it already 10am? I swear I have done nothing for an hour, but it flew by like a minute. I mean, I haven’t done nothing (and no, that’s not a double negative…I may be from Texas but I did get a degree in English). I faxed my timecard to Staffmark, re-routed a couple of telephone calls to Matt (Manlove) when I couldn’t give someone the answer they needed, had a cup of coffee, emailed my mom, set up some calendar reminders for myself, wrote about it all in my job log…so I guess looking back, all that could take up an hour.
I guess I can’t shake the feeling of uselessness here. I was on time to work, actually early, which was a big surprise considering that the bus system here can kiss my round ass. If it says there will be an 7:45 bus on the 455 route, then dammit there should BE ONE. Instead, we got on the 424 to Wonderland Station. Which is fine, because it will eventually get us where we need to go…it just takes longer. I will NEVER figure out the buses here.
Friday night we were on a bus for TWO HOURS because (again, everyone else just already knows this) apparently after 8pm our 455 bus becomes a combination bus…meaning it goes an entirely different route. We ended up in Salem. Hahaha. Luckily we had a nice bus driver and he let us stay on without paying again, and he took us back relatively close to where we could walk home safely. So after being on the bus from 11pm to 1am, then a 20 minute walk home, we were exhausted and slept till 2:30 the next afternoon easily…without waking up ONCE. The cloudy weather didn’t help, but man we felt like losers for sleeping so late!
But let’s backtrack…Michael’s graduate student recital on Friday night was good. He sang “O del mio amato ben” by Stefano Donaudy (like any of you know what that is, haha) and it was SO beautiful! I love when he sings Donaudy. However there were only three people (Michael, some mezzo named Jennifer and a baritone named Stephen) out of the 15 or so that sang who actually sounded like graduate students. Overall, I was very underimpressed. And it kinda pissed me off. There were ZERO good tenors, so it made me wonder why they didn’t put Michael in Opera Studio. Oh well…all things happen for a reason, I suppose.
After the recital, we walked down Newbury street in the fog/rain to a little Greek restaurant. That was sooooo yummy! Michael had lamb chops and I had Tabbouleh. Then we had the never-ending bus ride.
Saturday we sat around all day until we finally felt like showering. Then we went to Burlington Coat Factory looking for a raincoat, but we ended up getting the table stuff seen in the previous post. We ate dinner at Friendly’s (yum!) and went home to watch the Red Sox game.
Sunday was each of our respective breaking points. You know how, in life, you’ll just get more and more annoyed, but let things roll of your back…but eventually you just snap, bitch and moan for a bit and then start over? Well Sunday we each snapped. We set our alarms and got up in plenty of time to go to church. Unfortunately we missed a bus, and on Sundays they only come once an hour. So those plans went all to hell, and we each were pissed at the buses in general by this point. So we got into a huge stupid fight, which ended with me crying and hiccupping on the walk home. Sexy, huh? We made up, and decided to change clothes and go into Cambridge to this bar where I’d seen NFL Sunday Ticket advertised. So it takes us an hour and a half to get there (more bus gayness and general traffic due to an afternoon Sox game), and we find out that on 20 t.v.’s, 10 of them are showing the goddamn Patriots game, and 6 are showing the Red Sox game. The other 4 were showing games that nobody cares about anyway. Stupid. If you have that many t.v.’s AND NFL Sunday Ticket, you should be fair and show all the 1pm games. So, I was disappointed, but that happened to be Michael’s snapping point. He was such an ass to me for like the next hour.
We tried to make an afternoon of it still. We went to Men’s Wearhouse b/c Michael needed to spend $5 to get his $50 gift certificate, and then we went to City Sports and I got a t-shirt that says “Red Sox Girl…Enough Said” on it. :-D By the time we had had late lunch at Wendy’s and Michael had found out that the Eagles were kicking the asses off the 49ers, we were in better spirits.
The day ended just fine, but damn what a day it was. I guess it’s good that we both snapped on the same day…that way neither of us are waiting for the other one to have their breakdown.
That’s all for now…I’m going to go continue feeling useless and unqualified at my job…hahaha. I miss my friends….:(

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home