Y'all Come Back Now, y'hear?

As Bowling for Soup says....
Come back to Texas
Its just not the same since you went away
Before you lose your accent
and forget all about the Lonestar State
There's a seat for you at the rodeo
and I've got every slow dance saved
Besides the Mexican food sucks north of here anyway
It's 11:30 pm and I REALLY should be sleeping. But I can't....for several reasons. One, Michael isn't in here b/c the cat at my mom's house causes his allergies to go into an uproar. Two, now mine are bugging me but I'm too lazy to get up and go upstairs. And Three....I can't quit thinking about this move.
We finally got everything we own into the damn Budget Truck. It was like the Master game of TETRIS. I don't know how we did it, but we did....in that same vein...I don't know HOW THE BLOODY HELL we are going to get that stuff off and into our new apartment without help. I know for a fact that I just cannot lift those couches to help Michael. Maybe we'll be able to find some random person around who wants to help us move shit in...hell, we'll buy the beer...
Michael's mom cried when she brought us home tonight. That just about broke my heart....nope, it pretty much DID break my heart. She's pretty much gonna be by herself now. Jeremy, that lazy motherfucker never goes to see her...we were the only ones who would go over there for dinner. Jeremy treats her like shit. She's a pain, but I'm gonna miss her a lot...not to mention the amazing food she prepares for us all the time.
My mom cried a lot tonight too...but it was weird. Still some strange blame games going on that kept me from feeling too badly for her...weird. I don't know how to explain it or maybe I'm too damn tired...who knows. But I do love her and I will miss seeing her. But I can't help but feel that our relationship will only improve with distance....
My dad and stepmom are taking us to breakfast before we head off tomorrow morning. They're freaking out b/c of the hurricane happening in the Gulf of Mexico...hopefully all we'll catch from it on the trip is some rain. *fingers crossed, prayer beads out*
I'm a little upset at the younger members of my family today. Everyone knew we were packing up and leaving and getting out of town ass-early in the morning, but still everyone seemed to have better things to do. Or they were too tired, or something. Whatever...I hate to sound bitchy, but they'll miss us when we're gone. I would've liked to have hugged my little brother again, but apparently he was tired. *shrug*
Anyway...before I just turn into a bitchy pumpkin, I should try to go to bed....Send out happy, safe journey prayers and karma. I'll try to update from Shelly's place tomorrow night.
Peace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home