SIGH

This weekend was...interesting. I'm so tired today....and I think it's because I ran the gamut of emotions all weekend. Happy, laughing, sad, annoyed, frustrated, tired, etc....
Friday night we went to visit Fred at her apartment in Frisco...thanks to construction and Ikea traffic that was slightly stressful. But once we got there we were met by pizza and her adorable little boy. We watched "The Village," and I was sorely disappointed by that movie. The only redeeming quality was the acting ability by Bryce Dallas Howard, Adrian Brody, and Joaquin Phoenix. But the Alf costumes with the red cloaks were NOT SCARY. I think M. Night Shymalan (or whatever) has let his ego get the best of him. That movie was dripping with pretention and over-inflated ego.
Anyway, Friday night was the first time I've cried. When we left and I was hugging Fred I started to cry and I cried part of the way home. What if I never see some of my friends again? Weird.
Saturday night we went to my dad's house for a cookout with my family. Due to some belated graduation gifts, Michael and I have reached our financial goal that we wanted before the move just barely. But that's very encouraging to me. It was fun spending time with my family and of course my dad is an awesome cook. I kept finding myself smiling as I was looking around at my very redneck, country family. Then we all went to the North Texas State Fair and Rodeo. HAHAHAHA. I can't wait to post the pictures I took of some of the cowpokes at this place...but it was funny. A real Texas night, that's for sure.
I cried three times that night...the first was when I hugged my 5 year old niece goodbye. I'm afraid she'll forget who I am!! Two years is a long time when you're a kid, and I'm afraid she won't even recognize me (or me her, the way she's growing) when I see her again. The second time I cried was when I hugged my Nana goodbye. This very well could be the last time I see her...she's been sick for quite a long time. I just know that I'll get The Phone Call some time when I'm up in Boston and too broke to fly home. *sigh* The third and final time I got teary-eyed was when I hugged my big brother goodbye. He and I have really developed our relationship over the past few years, and I'm really gonna miss him. I'm very close to both my brothers, so it's gonna be weird to not have them close by. But they've both promised to come visit.
Sunday was a lazy day for the most part. I went and got a haircut (nothing huge, just cleaned it up and took a couple of inches off) and watched some Sex and the City when I should've been packing. Then last night we went over to my younger brother's house for our going away party that we invited tons of friends to. Well...a few of them showed up. Much love to CatPants and her hubby, and to the two Queers for showing up and spending time with us...it REALLY meant a lot to us. :)
I won't lie and say I'm not disappointed that more of our friends didn't show up...but whatever. The ones I"ll miss the most were all there. Plus it was good to spend time with my brother and his roomates as well as my cousin Morgan. All the Pretty People. :) I love them all very much..
My apartment looks like shit...and I still have tons of packing to do. We're offering beer and pizza to anyone who wants to help us load the truck next Sunday...sexual favors not included, we'll be too tired. :)

1 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home