Quick Change Artist
OH. MY. GOD. Allow me to just tell you the shit that has transpired in the last 24 hours, shall I?First, a slight background: I'm trying to sell my car so that I can move to Boston without having any financial obligations down here. I had a flat tire last March, bought a new one...one on this past 4th of July...bought a new one. So I have two out of four tires that are brand new.
Yesterday morning, Michael and I were leaving for work. One of the older tires was completely flat. I let out such a string of obscenities I think I made the maintenance man cry. So we take Michael's car to work. Last night we were changing the tire, and I noticed a nail in it. Okay, no big deal. Now maybe instead of buying a new tire, we just fix this one. $40 versus $6.50. So we take it to Wal-Mart and they fixed it for us and put it back on the Neon. Good deal. Drove home, packed till late, dropped into the bed out of sheer exhaustion.
Wake up this morning...the GODDAMN TIRE IS FLAT AGAIN. If I weren't trying to sell the piece of shit, I would've KICKED THE SHIT out of my car. So, now I'm at work and Michael is changing the tire...and he calls me from Wal-Mart. Apparently they'd done a piss-poor patch job on the place where the nail was, but he basically got it through their thick redneck skulls that, Yes he'd buy a new tire, but what THEY were going to do for HIM was take the $6.50 we'd paid to fix the tire off the price of the tire. So, since we can't afford any of this, he called me and told me to transfer some money from savings into checking to pay for the tire (savings that is my graduation money that we're TRYING to save so we can put gas in the stupid Budget Truck and not be stuck somewhere in Sandusky Ohio or something).
SO I get online to transfer the money...and Wal-Mart had charged us TWICE for the tire.
*bangs head on desk*
So I call Wal-Mart and some very irate ethnic woman tells me it's not their fault and that I have to call the bank. Luckily I have the nice southern Ladies at my bank, and we talked for about 20 minutes and got the thing worked out...for the moment. I'm just so sick of having to spend money on unexpected expenses....especially on a car that i'm trying DESPARATELY to sell.
* huge sigh *
It's not even noon yet and I need a drink.....

2 Comments:
Damn girl
Sounds like my life.
Boston sounds like a long way from home. Or is that the reason? It's a nice city. You'll love the shopping there.
I hope tomorrow runs a bit smoother.
Take Care
another Michael
Didn't my wife's experience with Hell-Mart's tire department teach you anything? Here's the recap:
"I have a low tire, can you check it?" Tire-moron airs it up to 50psi, runs it through their little tub to see if there's any bubbles, none show, puts it back on the car. Leaves the tire at 50psi. Repeats on another tire on the same side. Now, two tires are over-inflated to 50psi. Tires are rated at 32psi. The extra 18psi cause one tire to form a massive bubble about the size of a tennis ball on the outside of the tire, on the side that's not visible without taking it off, which caused it to bang into all kinds of fun things and throw the alignment off. They replaced that one. We lowered the pressure in the other tire, didn't see any obvious damage to it at that time, not until it blew out on her at 65 going down the I35 southbound near where 77 joins it in Denton. They replaced that one, too.
The alignment cost us a few hundred dollars to fix, which we're still trying to get them to pay for since their moron screwed it up. The moral of the story: Don't ever go to walmart. Ever. For anything. Especially tires. Ok, maybe for ammo, but only because it's cheap.
Post a Comment
<< Home