Friday, August 26, 2005

The Joy of Moving


So, moving day is officially on Monday. The apartment will be emptied out and into a 15-foot Budget truck on Sunday, though. So that means spending lots of extra quality time with the parents one last time (since everything we own, including the bed, will be in the Budget).

If I'm a sporadic blogger from now until we move in, don't be surprised. I will try to send an update when we stay at my friend Shelly's house in Marion, AR on Monday night. But we'll see.

I apologize profusely for all the emotional drivel that has been on this blog in the last couple of days...this is just the biggest life change that I've ever gone through and, for the most part, I think I"m handling it well. I have learned who my friends and who my "friends" are, and I've seen just how lucky and blessed Michael and I have been this summer and over the past 3 years together. I've been pretty good at the goodbyes...it's when the party I'm saying goodbye to starts to get tears in his/her eyes that I lose it. I have no composure when other people cry. I sympathy-cry in movies all the time. So, if it's a dear friend that I'm saying goodbye to, I'll be tough and stoic until the VERY MOMENT a tear appears in his or her eye. Then I'm a sobbing puddle of Frecklehead on the sidewalk (thank you, CATPANTS! lol)

But seriously...I've seen who has come through for me these last couple of days/weeks, and I thank you all for it.

And to all who have read and commented on my blog with encouraging words, I thank you too! It's nicer than you know to have encouragement from complete strangers (whom I allow to read my deepest thoughts, LOL) who are just interested in my little corner of the web. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home