I Can't Think of a Good Title

Ahhhh, the Murchison. My place of employment for three loooooong years....the place lovingly known to all UNT students as "The Armadillo Dome." It's really a beautiful building, and acoustically one of the most advanced performing arts venues around this area. However, its beauty becomes tarnished with every memory I have of being treated like shit while I worked there. If you want any backstory, please refer to the following entries from my archives:
Job Unfairness
What a Way to Make a Living
So anyway, I haven't even thought of that damn place in months, not since I quit working there at the end of last year. Well, a week or so ago I remember that I left my paperback version of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at the box office, and I wanted to get it back before I moved to Boston. So, I called up the Big Boss and she said to come on over and she'd let me in. I figured I'd take a graduation announcement over there, too, just to be nice and leave on a friendly note. So, I say hi to Big Boss and the Tech Director, and they walk me over to the box office so's I can look around. We talk for a while...my book is NOT there (naturally), so I leave my grad announcement and a very nice note asking that if anyone might've borrowed (read: if Pothead stole) my book, I'd really like to have it back before the end of the summer.
So, I left thinking, "Well, that was unexpectedly nice..."
Two days later I get a phone call from Negro Tim. He's the building manager, and quite a weirdo anyway. So here is how the conversation goes:
Negro Tim: Hey Frecklehead it's Tim...from the Murchison.
Frecklehead: Hey Tim! What's up?
NT: Not much...So I was just wondering when you're going to give your keys to the building back.
FH: Umm...I gave those back in January, right after I left.
NT: Oh...interesting...well then how did you get in to leave an invitation and a note in the box office?
FH: The Big Boss let me in.
NT: Oh, the Big Boss let you in. I see.
FH: Well...yeah. I went over there on Friday to get my HP book and she let me in.
NT: Well, Theory and I were just wondering how you could've gotten in...unless you'd kept your keys.
FH: Well, I'm glad to know that the lines of communication over there STILL SUCK and thanks for calling. Bye.
JESUS. He just calls up and basically accuses me of keeping my keys and coming and going whenever I want. All he and Theory had to do was WALK OVER to the Big Boss's office and ask her if she knew how I'd gotten into the box office. But no, they just automatically assume that I broke in or did something sneaky and kept my keys. Bastards. SO GLAD I QUIT THAT PLACE.
Anyway. Our pickup rehearsal has been cancelled for Thursday night...mwa ha ha ha ha....I knew they would, because I knew several cast members who were pissed about them just randomly calling a rehearsal.

2 Comments:
Holy crap. That is so EFFING rude of him!!!!
People!
It is a cool looking place though.
Take Care
Michael
Post a Comment
<< Home