Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Finally


It's finally starting to hit home that I'm leaving...and basically leaving my entire family. They ALL live within a 30 mile radius of me, and I'm moving 2000 miles away.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not sorry I'm going. I'm still very much looking forward to the adventure of living and working (hopefully) somewhere new, but the reality of it is finally sinking in...and I'm really sad.

Really.

I'm trying my hardest not to cry a lot, but all that does is make my throat really tight and hard to swallow. I wish I didn't have to leave conflict behind, but that's going to happen, too. I don't have the energy to try to fix everything before I leave with people I hang out with. I'm focusing on my family right now. They are the most important at the moment.

On a good note... my older brother called me the other night and told me that he and my sister-in-law are booking packages right now to spend New Year's Eve with us in Boston! That makes me extremely excited, because I know we weren't gonna be able to get home for the holidays.

But I'm still sad. Keep me in your thoughts...this is going to be a really emotionally difficult couple of days for me...

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

You'll do great.

Take Care
Michael

9:07 PM  
Blogger Redhead Editor said...

Just think of the wonderful friends you're gonna meet in Boston. Even though we're only blog and IM friends, I can tell you make friends easily. You have Michael with you and you will grow even closer to him while you're meeting people and then some of these people will become your best friends. I just know it. Hang in there, M.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home