Ow, my brain hurts...

"That's the secret to life... replace one worry with another.... "
Charles M. Schulz, Charlie BrownUS cartoonist (1922 - 2000)
I used to think that my migraines were caused by stress. At least, I think that's what caused them when I was younger. A parents' divorce and a mother that confides way too much in her child added on to being a fat kid can cause some pretty high stress. I only got migraines about once a year, even until just a few years ago.
Now I know, there are many causes and for me, they are mostly hormonal. Thanks to a shift in the BC world, I think, I got the WORST migraine of my entire life on Monday afternoon. The move, working, going to school, and this show I'm doing probably didn't HELP matters much, either. I left work at about 3pm because my head and behind my eyes hurt so badly I thought I was going to puke. When I got home I immediately turned the a/c down low and got on my favorite couch with my favorite nap-blanket and a cool rag to put on my eyes. I slept from 3:30 until 7pm, when I got up and tried to eat a little of the dinner Michael had cooked. Then I fell back asleep around 8pm and woke up at 11pm and went into the bedroom, re-wet my cool rag and put it back on my eyes, and went BACK to sleep until 9am yesterday morning. I felt so bad because it was our first night off from the show and I didn't spend ANY time with Michael on Monday night. :(
Have any of you ever had a migraine? I think I wanted to just die. Even all day yesterday (which I took off from work to continue recovering) the back of my head and right behind my eyes still felt very weird. I used to get the flashy lights in my eyes as a warning, but now I guess the migraine thinks it's all big and bad and doesn't need to give me any warning. It's just BAM! Worst Headache of Your Life commencing NOW. Ugh. I'm glad my boss is so cool and let me take yesterday off...Even after all that sleep I still just felt really icky and shaky. I've GOT to go to the doctor or something to get a prescription to have around next time one of these suckas decides to try to ruin my day.
In moving news, Michael and I officially have our apartment in Revere, (as in Paul) MA. Our leasing agent called yesterday afternoon to let us know that the applications had been processed and the deposit had been received. It is officially our apartment as of September 1st, 2005. :-D I am very excited, obviously. Now, if only one of those job leads would turn into a job OFFER, I'd be a very happy camper...
That's it for now, I think...it's lunch time and I'm hungry. Oh and all you folks who auditioned for RAGTIME, puh-LEEZE let me know as soon as you know. :) I'll be thinking about ya.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home