"I Love BJ's"
I love this painting. I used to have a print of this in my bedroom when I was in High School. Something about it appealed to me...I think it's the way the knight is looking down onto the woman...even though you can only see his profile, there is something sultry and entirely masculine about his jawline and lips...Call me crazy if you want, I'm a sucker for this type of thing. :)Well, it's Monday. Boy oh boy, is it ever a Monday. I had to park in the parking garage today at school, which SUCKS. I left for school/work at the same time I always do, but apparently everyone else on the road had a case of the "Monday's" too, because every person I got behind was driving so damn slowly. I wanted to kill someone...so I get to school and there's nowhere (free) to park. So now when I leave work I'm going to have to pay $6 just for parking all day at the University, which takes away thousands of my dollars per year anyway. Bastards.
I slept like shit last night. There's something about Sunday nights for me...I just don't sleep well at ALL. It's like I'm totally exhausted, but I know that I have to get up early and go to class/work the whole next week, so my body can't relax and just fall asleep. I thrash and toss and turn, which in turn makes me all hot and sweaty and who can fall asleep like that? So I strip down to try to cool off and then I'm cold for crying out loud. *sigh* So anyway, I don't fall into a deep sleep until probably 4am...only to be awakened at 6:45 by the alarm. Do you ever just literally want to CRY when the alarm goes off? Ugh.
So I go to class, and the classroom is like an oven. Quite possibly the grossest way to feel is tired AND hot. It also doesn't make it very easy to keep your eyes open in a situation like that. I'm sure I annoyed the hell out of everyone around me today because I kept shifting positions in order to stay awake and uncomfortable. Then I get to work and the new girl has started and effectively invaded my workspace. I knew this day was coming, but I forgot it was today. So now I'm in this remote office of this guy who just moved, and it's nice to have peace, quiet, and privacy for a bit, but it's just very bright and flourescent in here. I miss my lamplit, cozy office from before. :(
So am I in a terrible mood today? Not really. I'm just worn out. The show was this weekend, and it's just such a beating to perform each time. I don't get very excited for audiences of 30 (on a good night) that barely make a sound the entire time. We did get a little silly during intermission yesterday, everyone was playing this carnival-esque game that we basically invented out of boredom, which included a vase and about a hundred bouncy balls from the Dollar Tree. Yup, we're a bunch of professionals, all right. :) At least it was a matinee so we actually got to leave the theatre before it got dark (with the promise of NO PICKUP REHEARSAL ON THURSDAY!!!) and go home at a decent hour.
Watched the Red Sox/Yankees game last night. Goddamn Yankees managed to pull a win, which pisses me off. They wouldnt' have won if they didn't have Leiter pitching, and they only got him YESTERDAY in a trade. There should be a rule against that. You shouldn't just be able to put someone brand new in the middle of a series. Bah. The Sox could have still won after Manny Ramirez hit a 9th inning home run with no outs, but then they put in Cora to replace Bellhorn for some reason, and he hit a grounder into a double play. 2 outs. Bastard. Bellhorn wouldn't have grounded it into a double play like that....he would've hit a sac-fly like he was supposed to. Then Johnny Damon (*sigh*) goes up to the plate and is obviously flustered...he swings at the first pitch (grrr) and hits a pop fly to get the third out. BASTARDS. I was so mad. I hate the Yankees. And now they're only half a game behind the Red Sox and going on to play the RANGERS. I will be the Rangers best friends for the next 4 days or so. The Sox are fine because they're playing Tampa Bay (who is currently in LAST place in the division) next.
*baseball rant OVER*
So anyway...I'm off to do some menial paperwork task because this computer doesn't have the software I need on it. I hope I don't fall asleep at my desk....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home