Monday, July 25, 2005

Diet coke! Now with extra crispy bacon flavoring!


Something kinda cool happened this weekend of shows. While our Costumer designer was lacing me into my new best friend (aka my corset) she verbally noticed that I've apparently lost some weight. The ends of the corset are now coming closer together while being laced up than they were on the initial weekend and/or fittings. :) I don't know how it happened...maybe it's because Michael and I are SO BROKE that we can't go out to eat when everyone else wants to. We have to go home and actually cook food and then eat the leftovers the next night. It saves money, though, and apparently causes slight weight loss (imagine that! NOT eating at Taco Bell can actually be good for you?? GASP!).

There was a little pseudo cast party on Friday night at the home of Queen Aggravaine...that was nice because the whole cast was there together for the first time. Usually everyone kinda splits up after the show and goes out with family and friends that might have been in the audience that night. Speaking of audiences...all of them were very responsive this weekend. The actors in this show are finally reveling in the fact that Director has released the reins (for the most part) and let us run with it. There was only one time that I got pissed at said Director this weekend. At the end of the show, during the Finale, everyone is pulling all this random crap out of the bed. Well, I'm one of the ones that pulls shit out. There has been the same general stuff in there every performance. Well, apparently yesterday Director got the brilliant idea that he wanted to be back there helping stuff out of the bed. He also got all these other "brilliant" ideas of different stuff to push through the mattresses. Problem is, he didn't TELL anyone in the cast and, believe it or not, some of us have actual blocking to do after the shit is out of the bed. Well, I kept trying to go do what I was supposed to next and Director kept pushing MORE and MORE shit out of the bed. Now, I'm sure from the audiences' point-of-view it was hysterical, which pisses me off even more because it just encourages that moron Director to keep pulling shit like that. I, on the other hand, do not appreciate surprises onstage. If you're going to change something, it is only right to tell the cast about it beforehand. A prime example of that NOT happening is what caused Michael to crack his forehead open on a piece of scenery in "....Forum"

Okay that rant is over. Tomorrow night I'm getting graduation portraits taken here at the school. I wanted them on campus because for the first time in the 5 years I've been here the place actually looks really pretty. They finally got some decent landscaping going on. I hate all of my clothing right now and I absolutely refuse to wear anything my mother thinks I should wear, so tonight I am going shopping at Le Plaza di Babs to see what I might be able to borrow for a day.

Speaking of my mother, I promised I'd bring up the book deal, so here it is. I've decided that I'm going to make millions of dollars off of a book I'm going to write called Dear Mom,. It is going to consist solely of letters written by people at or around my age to their mothers. At first I wanted to restrict it to females only: daughter/mother relationships. But a good friend convinced me that the male perspective could also be interesting. I'm going to write my own letters, too, probably in a blank journal acquired from the local Barnes & Noble. If any of my loyal readers are interested, please let me know via comments and I will seriously get the ball rolling on this thing. If enough people are interested, I will set up a blog just for these letters, or an email address that you can send them to. It will all be anonymous, so feel free to use a pseudonym...just be consistent with your pseudonym (meaning if you're a guy, use a male name; use the same pseudonym for multiple entries, etc). I know that I personally would buy a book like this, so I think it's kind of a fun idea...Let me know what you think...

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Saw your title through blogshares, loved the name so I had to come take a peek.

You made me laugh.
Thanks

Take Care
another Michael

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home