Dear Mom,

Wow, I've gotten a lot of verbal, commented, and emailed responses to my book idea. I think this thing could really take off. So here is the plan for now:
1. Start collecting letters and writings from myself and friends
2. Work with CatPants on the blog design, since this will be starting out as a blog.
3. Start categorizing the letters into sections and different types of rantings, praises, whatever they happen to be so as not to make the thing just one random jumble.
"Frecklehead, How can I help?" you may be asking. Well if you are female OR male, you are invited to contribute. In fact, I would heartily ask you to. Anything you've ever wanted to say to your mother, but haven't directly. This can be of the following natures (or others, I will defininitely leave some):
1. Mom, you've ruined (blank) about my life
2. Mom, these are things I never got to say to you before you passed away/left
3. Mom, I thank you for (blank)
4. Mom, I resent you for (blank)
5. Mom, I always wished you would say (blank) to me
6. Mom, I never understood why you (blank)
Or, these can be stories, anecdotes (did I spell that correctly? maybe I should find a proofreader to edit ME, the proofreader!), happy memories...
That's the beauty of this idea. I want ANYTHING. There is a link here on this blog that says "Email Frecklehead". Feel free to send these letters or musings to that address. If you wish to remain anonymous, please let me know.
Thanks for the support of everyone who is reading this!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home