Tuesday, July 12, 2005

"And the American people lied to the Native Americans for many many years..." -Eddie Izzard

Oh my jesus. I am soooooooo sleepy today!! I HATE tech week for shows, and I hate it even more when the show is sooooo slow-paced that one act feels like an eternity. At least most of the cast is trying to put forth some effort into making the scenes move along a little more quickly by adding in some (appropriate) ad libs and a little extra blocking. Right now the "blocking" dictates that we all just stand around.

On a good note, we did run through with what we have of our costumes right now. And may I just say that I love wearing corsets? Many women groan and bitch when they have to put one on, but I say the tighter, the better!! Not only does it give me, a very short-waisted, "Curvy" girl a little bit more of a figure, but the tightness of it makes me sing much better. It gives me something to push my diaphragm (not THAT kind) against. My costume is very wood-nymph looking in nature. Long skirt, half-corset, poet's blouse cut down just to there...I love it. I'm also wearing a long, curly wig (very similar in color to my own hair) courtesy of CatPants, with a wreath of flowers on my head. I don't look like any of the other ladies in the show, and I love it. I'm very set apart. Actually I kind of look like I'm in the wrong show! I look like I wandered in from the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream by mistake. But I feel confident and sexy in it, and that's really what matters to me in a costume.

Anyway...I was highly amused last night (not from the production team, surprise surprise). Sir Studley and the Knights were cracking me up every time we were waiting backstage. And when Dauntless walked on stage (obviously very gay) wearing a gold sparkly tiara he'd found in the green room, I almost peed myself. My favorite comment of the night was when we were all undressing:

Sir Harry: Hang on Frecklehead you're caught on something...
Frecklehead: No, I think it's just stuck on my boobs, I got it..
Sir Studley: Did you just say, "Suck on my boobs?"

I was laughing so hard at that...totally made any other bullshit worth it. :)

*YAWN*

Geez....today was one of those mornings where you could swear to everything good and Holy that you had JUST closed your eyes, and all of a sudden the alarm is going off. Then you close your eyes for just another second (after all, you set your alarm 15 minutes early so you don't have to get up immediately) and then all of a sudden it's 25 minutes later and you're going "awww FUCK" as you rush to the shower. I still made it to class in plenty of time, thank God. Class is actually going pretty well. As much as I hate having to take the class (because I should already be DONE with classes), it's pretty interesting. I have always enjoyed History classes, and our professor actually gets pretty excited about it. He's a total dork...will randomly speak in German (and I can understand some of it which makes me even MORE of a dork). I think I'll do well in the class, though.

Speaking of doing well...I GOT A B IN STATISTICS!! HOLY SHIT! I am a Math Goddess. I shall leave you now, to bask in my statistical glory and abilities....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home