Friday, June 03, 2005

King of the Road with your Big Tool(s)



Well as you can probably tell by the simple fact that I'm writing a blog this morning, I did NOT go to jail last night. They just haven't found his body yet. ;) No I'm kidding...I was pacified by the promise of a junior banana split at Sonic after rehearsal last night by Michael. Ah my boyfriend the PeaceKeeper.

Rehearsal was pretty funny last night...I still think the piano player isn't all there, but I got made to feel like shit for thinking she was terrible. I dreaded going last night because it was a music rehearsal and it's obvious that she doesn't know the music at all. Then she gives us this disclaimer that she's a single mom of two, one of which is a little boy with a disease very like Autism, so she hasn't had a lot of time to herself. So then I felt like a terrible person for thinking she was a bad music director. I forget from time to time that this is community theatre, and as professional as some companies are, there are the ones that really do have low budgets and rely heavily on volunteers only. Anyway, I got to know some of the cast members a little bit better last night. It's a funny group of people, so I think that this show will at least be an enjoyable experience, even if it isn't the highest caliber performance I've ever done. Michael and I went to Sonic with the girl playing Winnifred last night. She's awesome....we had a nice time talking with her. She thinks we're really funny and nice....MWA HA HA HA....boy do we have her fooled. ;)

So the blog title and pic today? Ha. CatPants and I have been roped into doing this MTD fundraiser thing that they do every summer, and it's usually got this theme and the woman in charge writes all these songs for it that are parodies of popular music. Well this year it's just a compilation of everything. CatPants and I are singing a number called "Detroit Derby" which is a parody of the song "King of the Road," which apparently EVERYONE and their mom knows. CatPants and I have never heard this song before, so we're like "Whatever, we'll do it." The best part? We have to dress up like mechanics and take apart this nice "Chevy" to reveal a "VW Bug" underneath it. These are not real cars. They are made of styrofoam and plywood. We will be cute mechanics (maybe even "sexy" mechanics, grrrr), though. You know I"ll post pictures of course. :)

The funniest part about it was in an email I got from CatPants this morning, telling me that she's bringing some big tools for us to use. Now I don't know about you, but when I hear about big tools...well...let's just say cars aren't the first thing that come to my mind. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Jeez Louise! Everyone knows this song but us!!!!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home