Topaz for Mrs. Rogers
Well last night wasn't as bad as the night before. I don't understand, however, why they are asking the UNPAID pit singers to be at the theatre at 7pm for an 8pm curtain. We dont' DO anything for that hour. I sat on my ass and talked to Michael and text messaged Babs most of the time last night! SERIOUSLY. But over all it wasn't as excruciating. There were a couple of classic moments though:
*Will Rogers almost fell into our laps on the front row while doing his "Texas Skip" rope trick.
*"Ziegfield's Favorite" used the word "triumphal"
*When Will is supposed to be giving a huge ring to Betty Blake, he gave her a RING POP. OH. MY. GOD. Seriously how difficult is it to just go to a fucking costume jewelry shop or a thrift store and find a cheap, gaudy piece of jewelry?! A RING POP?! It was grape, by the way, since the ring was supposed to be amethyst. At this point I leaned down toward my purse to get out the vial of hemlock....
So anyway, even though it WAS better last night, it's still obnoxious and I still do NOT want to go back tonight. Especially since the American Idol finale is tonight.
Musical Terms by Randy Jackson
I've decided that there should be a new textbook given to children in elementary music programs. Randy Jackson is introducing so many new and innovative musical terms into society that I feel that they, like Ebonics, should now be taught in schools. Kids can even make up their own. His strategy is simple: take a musical term and add a "y" to the end. Examples:
*Pitch-y
*Range-y
*Crescendo-y
*Rallentando-y
*Tempo-y
*Tone-y
*Accelerando-y
*Forte-y
It will catch on like wildfire, mark my words.
Last night's AI was pretty unimpressive. Bo and Carrie were both pretty good but it was SO obvious how nervous they were. I hated both of the songs that were written for the show. They were too cheesy and pop-y* (hehe) and totally not Bo's style...that much was obvious. However, overall Bo was simply (and has been for weeks) a much better performer. Carrie was boring and wooden in all three performances. She also reverted back to some very bad vocal habits and put in way too much twang and nasality...which ultimately led to some serious pitch problems.
There was a glaring mistake, though, and it happened last week too. Help me out, fellow friends and Bloggers and tell me who or what I can contact to try to expose this:
In the last two weeks, Carrie Underwood has ended the show. Both times, the ending of her song has been quite distinctive, so it stuck in my mind. However, while playing the recaps right before voting lines opened, the recaps of Carrie showed the endings of her songs, which were COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from what she sang during her "live" performance. THEN, if you watch carefully enough (and I did, because I'd recorded it...I rewound it 7 or 8 times last night and last week), when the camera pans back it is NOT THE THREE JUDGES AT THE TABLE. The guy in Simon's seat is a blonde! And the guy in Randy's seat was wearing a completely different colored shirt! It's bullshit!
I really REALLY hope this doesn't mean that the AI producers have given Carrie "I sang at the Opry" Underwood a second chance to fix her flubs these two weeks just because it's somehow fixed that she will win. BO IS BETTER. There's no question. This needs to be brought out into the open...either that or the guy who works in the cutting room needs to be FIRED.
If Carrie wins tonight, I'm cutting off a boob.

2 Comments:
Why thank you! Although, I know what the word means. The sentence stated "Ziegfeld's favorite used the word 'triumphal.'" I did not say "incorrectly" or anything of the sort.
Maybe before you judge or "correct" me, Mr. K, you should look into a moral and ethical mirror yourself. :)
You have people that keep you in line, huh? Even your wife? Does she, Mr. K?
Post a Comment
<< Home