Monday, May 16, 2005

Till you can't keep your eyes open any longer...



What a great weekend I had. Unfortunately now it's Monday and I'm back at work. It's been a slightly annoying day, made better by the fact that it's gone by quickly and I only have an hour and 20 minutes left until I leave for the day. :)

Friday night was just as relaxing as i had hoped it would be...at least, it was eventually. When I got home from work I found that the dishwasher had still not been unloaded (it had been run on Wednesday night) and the sink was stacked with dishes. PLUS the trash was piling up. So, guess who did all that? ME. Usually I don't mind, but the fact that both Michael AND Jeremy had been home all day made it piss me off. Later that night I made drumsticks and mashed potatoes and corn for dinner (yummy!) and we watched the Dallas Mavericks play a PATHETIC game against the Phoenix Suns, causing the Suns to lead the series 2-1. Damn. After the game we watched "Episode I: The Phantom Menace" as promised. I really liked it though...while I'm not a total geek, I do love me some Star Wars.

Saturday started out HORRIBLY. I woke up with a pounding, blinding, nausea-inducing migraine. I was so upset because Action and Consuela's wedding was that night and I really didn't want to be sick. So at about 2pm and after several Aleve, I laid down on the living room couch in the dark with a cool rag over my eyes, and proceeded to stay there until 5pm. I woke up a little shaky, but MUCH better. Took a shower and ate, and was feeling much better. I made myself look purty (pictures coming soon) and we headed to the wedding. The ceremony was beautiful and simple, and the reception was incredibly fun. My friends and I hang out all the time, but it was definitely fun to get all dressed up and dance to Frank Sinatra. I didn't even have to get Michael drunk to dance with me. :) Thanks to the Fucking Queers for the dances, too, along with Diesel. :) CatPants and Babs looked beautiful and the Nutcase and E3 Writer looked pretty dapper themselves (love the new babe, Nut!) All in all, a wonderful time was had by all, and I couldn't be happier for the bride and groom. :)

Sunday was just as relaxed, but not without it's emotional torture from the family. Woke up early and went to church with my dad and stepmom, then they took us to Colter's for some BBQ (mmmmm....and I was wearing a white skirt. NOT a healthy combination). We went to their house afterwards, where Michael proceeded to, in the most adorable and gentlemanly manner, tell them how he wishes he could propose to me before we leave for Boston but that he's madly in love with me and plans to marry me as soon as he can. He was basically "asking permission" if you will from my father and, in true form, my father gave a "well you know you can get rings for cheap at a pawn shop and just get married at the JP. there's ways to do it." Michael was pretty crushed, and I was furious. Like he needs more pressure. I CAN WAIT as long as it takes, because I know Michael loves me. It pisses me off that my parents say that shit along with "we're broke" because they're SO selfish. They'd love it if I fucking eloped. And if they're so broke, I'd love to know how they bought their new camper and Ford F-150 truck. :)

ANYWAY. AFter that we went home and relaxed, enjoying the cool breezy day. Went to TGIFriday's later that night to say goodbye to a friend who is moving to NYC tomorrow (best of luck to you Den) and had more enjoyable time with the likes of CatPants, E3, the Fucking Queers, and my darling Lestat. All in all a weekend I didn't want to end. But alas, here it is Monday.

We're going to the CHHS choir concert/senior recognition tonight. That's always long...but fun. And these kids have grown to mean a lot to us, so we're kinda excited. American Idol tomorrow night, everybody tune in! Only three left, and only ONE that deserves to win (I love you, BO!)!

And for those constantine lovers (like me), check this out. Girls, you may have to change your panties afterward....

1 Comments:

Blogger Redhead Editor said...

It's been fun catching up on your life. Thanks so much for your great supportive comment on my blog. Good luck on your pending graduation and ultimate move to Boston. Great city with crazy drivers. Don't try driving in that place. Big hugs from St. Louis.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home