Leave the gun, take the Canoli..
Yes, it's true. We watched The Godfather last night. Why, you ask? I tell you WHY NOT! What a great movie. Marlon Brando (may he rest in peace) is amazing in that role...and talk about a cultural icon. How many quotes are in that movie that I've heard all my life without ever having seen the movie till last night? It's crazy. I have actually read the book...yes, by choice. I read it one summer, the summer of 1999 to be exact...and as I was reading it, Bill Kirkley walked up to me and said, "Have you gotten to the part yet where Sonny dies?" NO!! SONNY DIES?. Yes. Actually in a quite horrible way...I actually covered my eyes. But luckily then came along Al Pacino. 'Nuff said.
Anyway...lots of interesting stuff today:
On the potential smoking ban in Austin, Texas:
"It's part of the culture," said Paul Silver, owner of club and restaurant 219 West and a leader of Keep Austin Free. "A honky-tonk has got smoking and dancing and drinking. You take one of those away, and it's not a honky-tonk."
Well said, Paul. Well said. And now added to my list of "things I WON'T miss about Texas." Wow. I mean, a honky-tonk just ain't a honky-tonk without those three essential elements. While we're on the subject, could someone please define "Honky-tonk" for me? Hmmmm?
My other favorite news story of today:
Apparently the Texas House has passed a bill that bans "sexually suggestive" movements in Cheerleading dances. Can you please hold while I roll on the floor and laugh uproariously? That CRACKS ME UP. First of all it makes me laugh that all the moms are getting all pissed. Do they want their daughters to look slutty in their midriff-baring, short-skirted uniforms? Because it don't take much booty-shakin' to show off the goods in those outifts. If I were a mom, and my daughter wanted to try out for cheerleader, I wouldn't let her if the uniforms were that revealing. Or else I'd probably petition that they be changed. High school girls do not need to dress that way to get the crowd going. Unless it's a crowd of dirty old pedophile men, in which case the uniforms are perfect.
My only problem with the ban is that now I may not be able to make fun of slutty cheerleaders anymore, or use my favorite phrase of, "Knocked up like a cheerleader" anymore. If they need new choreographers, I'm sure Lestat knows a certain lady who is great at hip-hop, cheerleader choreography, even if it is inappropriate to the nature of the show. ;)
American Idol
To my loyal audience of a very small few, I apologize for the lack of AI recaps lately. There's just been such a downward spiral in the way America has been voting in recent weeks. It all started when Nikko Smith got voted off. Then they made the right choice with Nadia (thank GOD) but then last week when Constantine got voted off? WTF?! WHY?????? (tyler and clay can shut the hell up, lol). I LOVED him. I watched last night with a sullen disposition, knowing that there would be no Greek boy making bedroom eyes at me through the television set. *le pant...le sigh* Bo Bice will just have to be my new favorite. And it'll be interesting to see how long Scott Savol lasts...I thought his singing the line "You said I wouldn't last too long..." right to Simon last night was adorable...even Simon chuckled at that. He's growing on us, America...just admit it.
Tonight: I think Anthony Federov will say good-bye. I HOPE Scott stays, just so I can give another "So, there!" to Queen John, whose comments are becoming less sarcastic/funny and more vitriolic/spiteful. Not cool.
Let's POLKA!!!!
I took Michael to Denton's own annual Arts & Jazz Festival this past weekend for two reasons. 1) the past two years we've been dating it has rained on the Festival weekend, and 2) we are leaving Denton this summer, so it was necessary that he experience the festival AND Brave Combo at least once before we left. We had a really great time...drank a little too much beer, but hey it was fun. Spent most of the day on Saturday as well as the evening on Sunday with Tigger and Jennifer and their little girl, Trinity. Lemme tell ya, there's something trippy about a 4-year-old girl singing (correctly) "Dont' Tell Mama." My favorite was when she sang, "So my sweet patater, keep this from the mater.." LOL
Oh and the sweetest thing...she leaned over to me in the car and said "C'mere I have to tell you a secret." Now, when my niece does this, she proceeds to yell "rah!" in your ear if you lean over. However, as I warily leaned my ear close to her grubby little face, I was pleasantly surprised and melted like butta when she said, "I love you!" :)
Saturday night we hung out with Tyler and Clay (aka the Fucking Queers...LOL) and watched a hysterically funny movie called "Sordid Lives." OMG it was a little too close to home in the Southern accuracy if you ask me. Clay agreed...he must be from the same kind of family as mine...
Even though the weather was beautiful and fun was had by all, my allergies now hate me. I'm pretty miserable...wishing I could clean out my sinuses with one of those wire brushes. Ugh. The rain isn't helping, either. I'm so sick of sneezing...hopefully this will pass soon.
Well, das ist alles for now...i actually do have work to do today. :) much love to everyone.
Anyway...lots of interesting stuff today:
On the potential smoking ban in Austin, Texas:
"It's part of the culture," said Paul Silver, owner of club and restaurant 219 West and a leader of Keep Austin Free. "A honky-tonk has got smoking and dancing and drinking. You take one of those away, and it's not a honky-tonk."
Well said, Paul. Well said. And now added to my list of "things I WON'T miss about Texas." Wow. I mean, a honky-tonk just ain't a honky-tonk without those three essential elements. While we're on the subject, could someone please define "Honky-tonk" for me? Hmmmm?
My other favorite news story of today:
Apparently the Texas House has passed a bill that bans "sexually suggestive" movements in Cheerleading dances. Can you please hold while I roll on the floor and laugh uproariously? That CRACKS ME UP. First of all it makes me laugh that all the moms are getting all pissed. Do they want their daughters to look slutty in their midriff-baring, short-skirted uniforms? Because it don't take much booty-shakin' to show off the goods in those outifts. If I were a mom, and my daughter wanted to try out for cheerleader, I wouldn't let her if the uniforms were that revealing. Or else I'd probably petition that they be changed. High school girls do not need to dress that way to get the crowd going. Unless it's a crowd of dirty old pedophile men, in which case the uniforms are perfect.
My only problem with the ban is that now I may not be able to make fun of slutty cheerleaders anymore, or use my favorite phrase of, "Knocked up like a cheerleader" anymore. If they need new choreographers, I'm sure Lestat knows a certain lady who is great at hip-hop, cheerleader choreography, even if it is inappropriate to the nature of the show. ;)
American Idol
To my loyal audience of a very small few, I apologize for the lack of AI recaps lately. There's just been such a downward spiral in the way America has been voting in recent weeks. It all started when Nikko Smith got voted off. Then they made the right choice with Nadia (thank GOD) but then last week when Constantine got voted off? WTF?! WHY?????? (tyler and clay can shut the hell up, lol). I LOVED him. I watched last night with a sullen disposition, knowing that there would be no Greek boy making bedroom eyes at me through the television set. *le pant...le sigh* Bo Bice will just have to be my new favorite. And it'll be interesting to see how long Scott Savol lasts...I thought his singing the line "You said I wouldn't last too long..." right to Simon last night was adorable...even Simon chuckled at that. He's growing on us, America...just admit it.
Tonight: I think Anthony Federov will say good-bye. I HOPE Scott stays, just so I can give another "So, there!" to Queen John, whose comments are becoming less sarcastic/funny and more vitriolic/spiteful. Not cool.
Let's POLKA!!!!
I took Michael to Denton's own annual Arts & Jazz Festival this past weekend for two reasons. 1) the past two years we've been dating it has rained on the Festival weekend, and 2) we are leaving Denton this summer, so it was necessary that he experience the festival AND Brave Combo at least once before we left. We had a really great time...drank a little too much beer, but hey it was fun. Spent most of the day on Saturday as well as the evening on Sunday with Tigger and Jennifer and their little girl, Trinity. Lemme tell ya, there's something trippy about a 4-year-old girl singing (correctly) "Dont' Tell Mama." My favorite was when she sang, "So my sweet patater, keep this from the mater.." LOL
Oh and the sweetest thing...she leaned over to me in the car and said "C'mere I have to tell you a secret." Now, when my niece does this, she proceeds to yell "rah!" in your ear if you lean over. However, as I warily leaned my ear close to her grubby little face, I was pleasantly surprised and melted like butta when she said, "I love you!" :)
Saturday night we hung out with Tyler and Clay (aka the Fucking Queers...LOL) and watched a hysterically funny movie called "Sordid Lives." OMG it was a little too close to home in the Southern accuracy if you ask me. Clay agreed...he must be from the same kind of family as mine...
Even though the weather was beautiful and fun was had by all, my allergies now hate me. I'm pretty miserable...wishing I could clean out my sinuses with one of those wire brushes. Ugh. The rain isn't helping, either. I'm so sick of sneezing...hopefully this will pass soon.
Well, das ist alles for now...i actually do have work to do today. :) much love to everyone.

2 Comments:
Hey girl. Well, yes the choreographer is a little different, but I have faith, or hope. We will see what the opening and finale looks like today. She is putting it on us. Other than that I say yeah to watching Godfather. What a F-ing great movie, and yeah to Clay and Tyler!!! I miss them... I don't nearly see them enough.
yeah check my answer for your comment...he he he...
Post a Comment
<< Home