In a quandry...

Isn't Michael cute as the Minstrel? (the guy in the middle!) :)
Last night went really well ("Mattress" auditions), and here's what came of it. Michael got offered the Minstrel before he even walked out the door, which is pretty cool. We went the second night, and there were only about 5 girls and 2 guys that auditioned. I don't know who was there or how good anyone was on Monday night. Anyway, I sang really well and read well (Michael and I are the only people who made any real choices by reading for Larken and Sir Harry...made everyone laugh)...overall a good audition.
Nissa, the AD, called me about an hour ago. She wanted to offer me two things: an ensemble role AND to understudy Lady Larken. She knew that I was also thinking about auditioning for Into the Woods, and told me that if I chose to do that and got a lead in ITW, she would completely understand. Overall she was very nice and kind to me. Here are my quandries:
1. She said that the girl they cast as Larken has "been a problem" before but she "had great chemistry" with the Harry she read with. My problems with this: a)if she's a problem, why cast her? and b)I had great chemistry with the guy I read with too...but you cast him as the Minstrel! LOL
2. I'm not a HUGE fan of ITW, but I really like Mattress. It's closer and I like the show better than ITW. THe only thing that's making me even want to still audition is the fact that I'd be in great shape, vocally,by the end of the summer.
3. If I end up having to fill in for this girl a LOT during the rehearsal process, I have no problem requesting to perform the role in one show (there are FOUR weekends of performances, so it's not like I'd be stealing her thunder).
4. The two shows run at the same time, with Lewisville going one extra weekend than Coppell. Therefore, I'd get to see Mattress, but Michael wouldn't get to see ITW.
5. Who says I'll even get a role in ITW?
6. It would be my last show in Texas, while planning a move to Boston. Would I rather take an important ensemble role and an understudy (which has proven beneficial before) so that Michael and I can do a show together? It could be one of the last for a while, b/c while he's in grad school we probably won't be performing together a lot.
7. Should I jump on this opportunity, since I have been offered nothing in the past 6 auditions?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home