Sunday, May 29, 2005

I Now Pronounce You...DONE WITH WEDDINGS!



My best friend from UNT ever, Anna (Williams) Adamo and her new husband Jonathan Adamo. The little boy is the ring bearer, NOT their son. :) Very beautiful (and expensive) wedding, not to mention long. I've never ever been to a Catholic mass before, so that was interesting. Here's the thing about Catholics, the only thing really, that bugs me. When we were at the rehearsal dinner, the Monsignor asked that only Roman Catholics partake in Communion. Okay...Jonathan is an Atheist, but he can take communion. I am a christian and I'm not allowed to sit at the Lord's table in this church. That just kinda bugged me, but whatever. I guess to each his own. It's their church not mine. But, if they came to mine, I'd let them have Communion. Anyway...more pictures:



Me and Anna! My arms look fat here, but whatever. My gerber daisy corsage is pretty!



Michael loves me for making him pose for endless pictures that really all look the same, except for our clothing....and in this case even that doesn't count because I wore the same damn dress to three weddings in a row! LOL Anyway, we are finally done with weddings for a while, thank goodness. We weren't even at the reception for this one for more than an hour, just because we were so damn tired. When we got home I took a two hour nap, because I'd been up since 7:30 to go to the Bridal Brunch in Dallas.

Now, in the "Best Damn Movies I've Ever Seen" category, we went to go see "STAR WARS: EPISODE III, REVENGE OF THE SITH" last night. HO-LY SHIT. That movie was effing incredible!! I was almost in tears at the sheer cultural event I was witnessing. I couldn't believe I was actually watching the culmination of such a cultural Icon. WOW. I want to go see it again. I love that Samuel L. Jackson was in those movies, but I'm always waiting for him to add "Mutha fucka" after everything he says: "May the force be with you...mutha fucka." LOL When Episode I came out and we saw that he was in it, my friend Shelly and I were huge fans of Pulp Fiction, so we would always say, "Which light saber is yours, Mace Windu?"

"The one that says, 'bad mutha fucka' on it." LOL

What a great movie. I swear to God that Ewan McGregor was channeling Sir Alec Guinness (may he rest in peace) as Obi Wan Kenobe (don't know if I spelled that right). He was amazing. I could still do without the crappy dialogue in the love scenes between Anakin and Padmé though. Gag me. One thing that always bugs me about the Star Wars movies is that whenever someone says "May the Force be with you," I expect the response to be, "And also with you." I guess that comes from too many church services. :)

That's all for now, I'm off to enjoy my Sunday!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home