Tuesday, May 17, 2005

How Do I Love Thee

"

"Confidence is the sexiest thing a woman can have. It's much sexier than any body part." Aimee Mullins, Oprah Magazine, May 2004 **with four Aces, I'd be confident too! ;) **


Current Music: The Muppet Show--Greatest Hits
Number of times I've checked to see if my grades are posted: 5
What I love about myself today: that my pants are baggy in the booty area


So as you can see, I've added a new addition to the "current" stuff up above. I found that quote about confidence on a website and it really got me thinking. I may have things about myself (sometimes more than I'd like to admit) that I don't like very much, but overall, I'm an awesome person. And I also tend to focus on the negative things in life, whether they be about my looks or my personality characteristics or whatever, and I am going to make a concentrated effort not to do that anymore. So every day on my blog, I am going to say something that I like about myself in an effort to really focus on all of the wonderful things I have going for me. Call it conceit if you want to, I don't care. I really think this will help me change my own view of myself for the better.

I started feeling this new confidence last night when Michael and I went to the CHHS concert (which was wonderful, btw) and then joined all the kids for time at Bennigan's afterwards. I had all these young girls around me and they were all so conscious of what they were wearing and how they looked, and 99% of them are drop-dead gorgeous...the kind where I'm actually nervous about them going to college and falling into the clutches of the horny fraternity boys. And I remembered what I wrote in a recent blog about how I felt in high school. I was never that confident. Lestat said something to me at the wedding the other night that I really took to heart. He saw that picture of my headshot when I was 18 on my blog, and he said, "I think that's a really pretty picture, but I think you're so much more mature looking and beautiful now." And it made me start thinking...I am really very happy. I have a wonderful boyfriend, some incredible friends, and my life is really pretty damn great. I don't have any room to complain (not that it's going to stop me, but at least I'll stop focusing on all the bad parts). :) SO thank you, Lestat, for that. I love you.

UPDATE: I just got my grades! I passed everything! Let the angels in Heaven rejoice and sing. An A in Spanish, 2 B's in my Renaissance History and Cold War Literature and Culture classes and a C in Algebra (which is all I needed to be on track, so I'm more than happy)! WOO HOO! I feel MUCH better. Now the next step is to apply for graduation some time this week, take my 2 summer classes, and get the HELL OUT OF DENTON TEXAS FOR GOOD. :-D

More later...I'm actually working today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home