Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Things on my mind today...

"That was astonishing." --Simon Cowell to Constantine Maroulis on AI last night.

And he was RIGHT. Holy effing crap Constantine is gonna win this thing. I can't freaking believe how amazing his rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" was...I was laughing at the end because I couldn't freaking believe it. Not laughing in the mean pointy way, but just in that shocked and amazed way. WOW. Incredible. I forgot everyone else after he sang.

SO it looks like show #6 that I've been turned down for. For all my anonymous asshole commenters, they should be happy. Apparently I'm a fat, non-talented, spoiled brat, so maybe that has some effect on these auditions. ;) No seriously though, even though I am getting a little more jaded about it each time (no really, I am), it still sucks. I fought being upset all DAY, and even tried to calm my nerves by skipping a full day of school and going shopping with CatPants. But, even after purchasing a SEXY red lace bra for only $5.48 at Target, I still didn't feel great. I was fighting tears.

Then I went to the Theatre to try to wrangle cast members from one point to another, either being interviewed by DTV or getting their lobby photos taken. Some were late, some were assholes about having to choose two "character poses" for their photos...well excuuuuuuuuuuse me for living, I'm sorry I'm asking you to "ACT" (horror of horrors!)...but for the most part, it went smoothly. I was frustrated by a couple of things, but I'm really happy with the way the pictures look.

I finally caved though and lost the battle the the tears. It's all Tyler's fault dammit. He came back from Chorus Line callbacks and just gave me this look, and when I said, "Come over here and hug me and tell me I don't suck" I just lost it finally. I HATE MYSELF FOR CRYING IN FRONT OF PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW. Including Michael's co-star Jennifer, whom I'm already extremely insecure around. Great. Now I'm an emotional basketcase as well as a jealous girlfriend.

And about that, I'm over it for the most part. She's a VERY nice girl, and has said some nice things about me to Michael, which she didn't have to do. But when I hear that she's having/had marriage issues with a husband who's apparently a real Ass Face, and when I hear Michael say things like she acts like a little kid sometimes, and it's "really endearing," I suddenly feel fat, awkward, ugly, you name it. And I know I'm doing it totally to myself. I'm NORMAL, dammit.

Two more weeks...two more weeks...two more weeks......

I'm freaking exhausted today, too. I have to go to the library and start finding some bullshit research for a paper that I will bullshit my way through by next Tuesday, then I'm going to the theatre to do the lobby display. This was one of those mornings...tell me if you know what I'm talking about:

Usually when I get out of a pleasantly scalding-hot shower and wipe the steam off the mirror, I am greeted by a delightfully fresh and rosy face, glowing and red from the shower...making my blue eyes appear turquoise and sparkly, wet hair already curling (damn the whole mess of it...lol). Well this morning, the shower wasn't any cooler or shorter...but when I wiped off the mirror, what greeted me instead was a pale, sleepy face, with dark circles under muddy blueish purple eyes. Yuck. That's not the first thing you wanna see in the morning. That's when I know I"m really tired. *sigh*

and FINALLY on my agenda of blogging today...I can't believe this shit that I read in the NTDaily this morning about the morning-after pill. And this is also why I stopped going to Denton Bible Church. Well, this and SEVERAL other good reasons. The Communications Department held a debate over "emergency contraceptives" and the "right" of pharmacists to refuse it to women based on their own moral code of ethics. A representative from Denton Bible was also there, claiming that "any kind of chemical contraceptive is abortion." Are you freaking kidding me?? So, Mr. Stolfus, does that mean that since I'm on birth control, I'm sinning every night at 10:30 when I'm taking it, because I'm preventing the fertilzation of Michael's spermies to my eggies? But condoms are okay, right, because they aren't "chemical?" But wait, don't some have SPERMICIDE on/in them? Hm. SO....we should just resort to being like those tribes of people who have baby after baby after baby...and live in poverty because we can't feed them all, is that it? And then some will die because of malnourishment, and the others will end up on commercials with Sally Struthers, Dick Van Dyke, or another has-been celebrity that is convicing me that "3 cents a week" is nothing?

I'll get off my soapbox now before I get REALLY angry.

2 Comments:

Blogger A Local Nutcase said...

Ok, say what you will about anything, but I WILL SOONER EAT MY OWN LEFT NUT BEFORE I SIT HERE AND LISTEN TO YOU CALL DICK VAN DYKE A "HASBEEN". He's a chim-a-ney sweep!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Those "tribes" of people having babies? You mean Catholics?

BA-ZING!

I'm allowed to joke about Catholics, I am Catholic....

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home