Monday, April 04, 2005

It's about damn time...

You know, I don't think it's too much to ask of people to be courteous of other people. It's really not. I also don't think it's too much to ask that people in customer service venues be helpful. It's their job, for Christ's sake.

That being said, I was more than a little bit pleasantly surprised just now when I spoke to my apartment complex on the phone. Now, it has been blogged before that the walls of our apartment might as well not even exist, because they are so freakin' thin. However, we know that there's not much we can really do about the kids chasing each other around at 7:30 in the morning while they wait for the bus. There are some situations, however, that can and SHOULD be remedied. Take this morning, for instance:

This has happened before. Sometime between 5:15 and 5:45 in the morning, we hear this sound that I can only compare to someone trying to crank up a Model T Ford. Knowing that I've never seen a Model T in our parking lot, I knew it was someone just being a loud, inconsiderate jackass. I could barely hear Michael breathing, which means he was awake and breathing those pissed off that you're awake and can't fall back asleep shallow breaths. You know what I'm talking about, all of you. Luckily for me, I guess, I had to get up at 5:30 anyway to go to the gym. I made sure I got ready quickly and ran outside to see what the HELL the noise was. Well it was a tow truck. And not one that was towing someone, because that would merit noise. No, the guy's hood was up on his truck and it almost sounded like he was trying to work on it, hence the insistent clicking/idling sound we were so rudely awakened by. I understand that diesel fuel engines take longer to warm up and therefore must idle for a bit before they can be driven well, but Jesus H. Christ...this was a good 20 minutes of noise. UN-FUCKING-NECESSARY. So, being the bright eyed, sunny person I am at 5:45 in the morning, I drove my car around to where he was, slowly, so that I could get the name of the towing company and the license plate number off the truck. I wrote it down, and drove off, not being able to hardly wait until the apartment complex office opened. That, buddy, is a noise violation. If they didn't handle it, I was fully prepared to call the towing company and even the police if I had to.

Luckily it didn't come to that. The guy at my apartment office was very kind, said he knew the exact guy I was talking about (who apparently is not even a RESIDENT...he just stays there with a friend sometimes) and said he'd do something about it. He agreed that it was a noise violation, especially that early in the morning, when not everyone is awake. I mean, I wouldn't have complained about it if it were 9:30 or 10:00 in the morning, when people should be up. He took the name of the towing company and the license plate number from me and said he'd take care of it. Wow, I was expecting a fight. I love it when people are helpful!!

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!!!
Michael has been accepted as a Graduate student in Vocal Performance by the Boston Conservatory of Music!!!!!! I am so freakin excited for him that I can hardly stand it. Now, we just have to wait to see if we hear back from the other schools, and then we can make an educated decision. Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts while he and I have been crossing our fingers for this. I love that man...I can't wait to see him take more steps to succeed. :-D

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

WOO-HOO
*Happy dance for Michael!!!*

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home