Today's sermon comes from a magzine...which I found in a hedge...
Here is how Frecklehead's weekend went:
Needless to say Friday sucked. The whole day, whenever I thought about Cabaret I started crying...hard. A bit strange...I've been disappointed because of not getting cast before...but I've never been this crushed. Maybe it's because it was my 4th "No" in a row. Maybe it's because I'm seriously NOT ready to have Michael gone every night of the week at rehearsal (*sob*). Maybe it's because it could've possibly been the last show I do in this area, should Michael get accepted at one of his grad schools he applied for. If that's the case, then I have to use this summer to find a place to live for us, and a job for me in whichever city we end up moving to. Not to mention the fact that both of us lose our jobs (at schools) every summer, so I don't know WHAT we're going to do about that.
By the end of the day on Friday my eyes were perma-red, and they stung every time I closed my eyes. The only highlights of the day were the myriad phone calls I got from dear friends who loved me very much..and the best part was that they were just as shocked and dismayed at the lack of getting any role. I'm the kind of person who, when upset, will be able to control myself eventually...but if someone I love calls me and expresses heartfelt concern...I lose it all.
Michael and Tyler were the most supportive and amazing. Even my mom was nice, and didn't say ONE THING about it being "for the best" so I can "concentrate on school and work." Because if she did, I was going to throw my high-heeled sandal at her.
That night, after some lovin' (wink wink), Michael and I went out to dinner with my brother and his roomate at Applebee's (praise the lord in heaven for $1.oo draft beers!), then rented Ray and spent the evening together, cuddling on the couch. As a side note, that was a really damn good movie. Jamie Foxx blew me away! Highly recommend it.
Saturday I slept till NOON and the angels were rejoicing with me (after one slight incident of me waking up in a panic at 8:00am, thinking I'd overslept for work). After some more lovin' (afternoon lovin' is the best!) we bit the bullet and cleaned the whole damn apartment. Except Jeremy's room and bathroom, of course. I may have to live with the lazy sloth, but I WILL NOT clean up after him in his areas. The only time I do is when I put his dishes in the dishwasher that he's left in the sink (with soapy water in them)...and even then it's only because I can't stand looking at them anymore. It took us about 2.5 hours to clean the whole place thoroughly, but it's SO NICE when it's done. Every time we clean, we light candles in every room (to get rid of the Scrubbin' Bubbles and PineSol scent) and sit our asses down on the couch. We were hungry and decided to shower...and leave the lights off and the candles burning. A nice romantic shower together, right? WRONG.
Once again, I lived up to my middle name (yes, my name is Frecklehead Grace). When I wanted to switch places and get under the water and rinse the conditioner out of my hair, I slipped on the newly clean and therefore slippery shower floor and BUSTED MY ASS on the side of the tub. The great part was that I brought the shower curtain and rod down with me. Michael was scared shitless, asking if I was okay, and me...because we'd just cleaned after all, could only croak out, "Turn the water off!" I surprisingly don't have any bruises, but my right butt cheek, ribs, and wrist are all pretty sore. So much for a romantic, candlelit shower. After that incident the lights came back on and we just bathed and got out. LOL
We went to Taco Bell for dinner and then invited Tyler and Clay over to hang out with us. They are SO MUCH FUN. Clay is going to be my gay boyfriend while Tyler and Michael are busy with the show. They also provided some damn juicy gossip and a lot of laughs and fun. They stayed over till 2:30am!
Sunday was just as it should be...after another rude awakening at 7:30 (that's when Jeremy decided to do laundry. Put all his sweats in the washing machine, so when they got soaked, the washer got unbalanced and started making that horrible sound. Of course HE didn't even hear it ...so he claims...so Michael jumps out of bed and runs to fix it. *sigh* Nothing like a loud, scary, banging noise to get your heart racing early. It's amazing that we even fell back asleep. We didn't wake up till almost 1pm (ahhhhhhhhhh). Spent the whole afternoon sitting on our asses...took a (free of accidents, this time) shower and went to my mom's for dinner. Watched Alien v. Predator (damn, that Predator is a badass) then went home and played Super Nintendo till we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore.
All in all, a very good weekend to have after a very shitty Friday. I'm on the road to getting over the whole Cabaret incident...but I'm still not over it yet. I'll be feeling depressed for a while, I feel. :( But at least I have wonderful friends around me and a boyfriend who loves me more than I ever dreamed that I could be loved. That's worth more to me than a show, anyway.
Current music: "Amanda" by Boston (hehe)
Current mood: ready for lunch
Needless to say Friday sucked. The whole day, whenever I thought about Cabaret I started crying...hard. A bit strange...I've been disappointed because of not getting cast before...but I've never been this crushed. Maybe it's because it was my 4th "No" in a row. Maybe it's because I'm seriously NOT ready to have Michael gone every night of the week at rehearsal (*sob*). Maybe it's because it could've possibly been the last show I do in this area, should Michael get accepted at one of his grad schools he applied for. If that's the case, then I have to use this summer to find a place to live for us, and a job for me in whichever city we end up moving to. Not to mention the fact that both of us lose our jobs (at schools) every summer, so I don't know WHAT we're going to do about that.
By the end of the day on Friday my eyes were perma-red, and they stung every time I closed my eyes. The only highlights of the day were the myriad phone calls I got from dear friends who loved me very much..and the best part was that they were just as shocked and dismayed at the lack of getting any role. I'm the kind of person who, when upset, will be able to control myself eventually...but if someone I love calls me and expresses heartfelt concern...I lose it all.
Michael and Tyler were the most supportive and amazing. Even my mom was nice, and didn't say ONE THING about it being "for the best" so I can "concentrate on school and work." Because if she did, I was going to throw my high-heeled sandal at her.
That night, after some lovin' (wink wink), Michael and I went out to dinner with my brother and his roomate at Applebee's (praise the lord in heaven for $1.oo draft beers!), then rented Ray and spent the evening together, cuddling on the couch. As a side note, that was a really damn good movie. Jamie Foxx blew me away! Highly recommend it.
Saturday I slept till NOON and the angels were rejoicing with me (after one slight incident of me waking up in a panic at 8:00am, thinking I'd overslept for work). After some more lovin' (afternoon lovin' is the best!) we bit the bullet and cleaned the whole damn apartment. Except Jeremy's room and bathroom, of course. I may have to live with the lazy sloth, but I WILL NOT clean up after him in his areas. The only time I do is when I put his dishes in the dishwasher that he's left in the sink (with soapy water in them)...and even then it's only because I can't stand looking at them anymore. It took us about 2.5 hours to clean the whole place thoroughly, but it's SO NICE when it's done. Every time we clean, we light candles in every room (to get rid of the Scrubbin' Bubbles and PineSol scent) and sit our asses down on the couch. We were hungry and decided to shower...and leave the lights off and the candles burning. A nice romantic shower together, right? WRONG.
Once again, I lived up to my middle name (yes, my name is Frecklehead Grace). When I wanted to switch places and get under the water and rinse the conditioner out of my hair, I slipped on the newly clean and therefore slippery shower floor and BUSTED MY ASS on the side of the tub. The great part was that I brought the shower curtain and rod down with me. Michael was scared shitless, asking if I was okay, and me...because we'd just cleaned after all, could only croak out, "Turn the water off!" I surprisingly don't have any bruises, but my right butt cheek, ribs, and wrist are all pretty sore. So much for a romantic, candlelit shower. After that incident the lights came back on and we just bathed and got out. LOL
We went to Taco Bell for dinner and then invited Tyler and Clay over to hang out with us. They are SO MUCH FUN. Clay is going to be my gay boyfriend while Tyler and Michael are busy with the show. They also provided some damn juicy gossip and a lot of laughs and fun. They stayed over till 2:30am!
Sunday was just as it should be...after another rude awakening at 7:30 (that's when Jeremy decided to do laundry. Put all his sweats in the washing machine, so when they got soaked, the washer got unbalanced and started making that horrible sound. Of course HE didn't even hear it ...so he claims...so Michael jumps out of bed and runs to fix it. *sigh* Nothing like a loud, scary, banging noise to get your heart racing early. It's amazing that we even fell back asleep. We didn't wake up till almost 1pm (ahhhhhhhhhh). Spent the whole afternoon sitting on our asses...took a (free of accidents, this time) shower and went to my mom's for dinner. Watched Alien v. Predator (damn, that Predator is a badass) then went home and played Super Nintendo till we couldn't keep our eyes open anymore.
All in all, a very good weekend to have after a very shitty Friday. I'm on the road to getting over the whole Cabaret incident...but I'm still not over it yet. I'll be feeling depressed for a while, I feel. :( But at least I have wonderful friends around me and a boyfriend who loves me more than I ever dreamed that I could be loved. That's worth more to me than a show, anyway.
Current music: "Amanda" by Boston (hehe)
Current mood: ready for lunch

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home