Monday, March 28, 2005

Skinning cats at 2:00am

Good lord, I'm tired this morning...I didn't sleep well, thanks to many circumstances beyond my control. I fell asleep at around 11:30 or midnight, and woke up once Michael came to bed from his script study. I barely remember kissing him goodnight and him brushing my hair out of my face to kiss my head. Then I zonked out again (I think it was the chamomille tea I desparately needed after spending the afternoon with the Barone family). ....until I was jerked out of a pleasant sleep but the most horrifying sound I have ever heard.

In my grogginess it sounded like the screams of a person who was being slowly and methodically tortured. However as I woke up a little more, I think it was a cat involved in some sort of brawl. If there had been more noise, I would've thought it was actually in our bedroom, but I think it was right outside our bedroom window. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE noise. I was praying for it to stop, and it took forever for my chest to stop hurting from the pounding of my heart, and for my breathing to slow down. I'm not kidding, it scared the holy shit out of me. I have never been that terrified in my entire life. *shudder* It seriously was the most terrible noise.

When I finally calmed down and fell back asleep it was only to be reawakened by Jeremy (aka INSOMNIAC) knocking a stack of CDs off of his desk at 5:30 in the morning because he was pissed off at one of his games. Oh my Jesus. What did I do in this world to NOT deserve a good night's sleep?? If it weren't for coffee, I would be napping at my desk right now.

As promised...Mama Drama
My mother...seriously, she must be the most miserable person in the entire world. There is always something wrong with her. After giving me so much guilt about not being able to spend Easter dinner with her, we finally agreed to not go to church alone like we wanted to, but to go with mom so that she could see us on Easter. *sigh* Then this morning (just like Friday morning) she was complaining about all the side effects of going off one of her meds (and i'd be happy for her for doing this if she weren't doing it only so that she can start on ANOTHER ONE), including but not limited to:

nausea
hot flashes
tremors (i'm not making this up)
"night terrors"
etc....

Not to mention the fact that my poor stepfather is ALWAYS in the wrong about something, and after telling me that she's "Not even attracted to him right now" and that if he's not careful, she might just "say 'see ya later!'" to him (oh. my. GOD!), I just want to rip out my own hair to distract me from this bullshit. Then she has the balls to bring up her and my dad (and as I've grown older I've come to the conclusion that they might have been able to work it out...i'm not saying they could have, but it would've been nice to see her give him another chance)...and say something negative about him. I know my dad has his issues, everyone does, but there's no need to mouth off about him to his DAUGHTER, because seriously after all of the aforementioned drama she was telling me about, does she seriously think I'm gonna choose a side? Okay now I'm angry all over again, so I'm changing the subject.

Don't get me wrong, however. I love both of my parents dearly, and I've got a mainly good relationship with both of them...but everyone bitches about their parents. *sigh*

I've really got to get some work done today....I'll probably blog more on my lunch break. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home