Post Spring Break
Sorry for the very unoriginal blog title today, kids, but mommy doesn't feel so good. Maybe "mommy" was the wrong word to use there, because three people have asked me today if I'm pregnant. Apparently, any time any woman gets sick in the morning, it automatically means she's pregnant. Maybe I should put the tampon in my purse on a string around my neck so everyone knows. "Maybe she's...nope, wait...see that tampon? Still a bleeder." On your way, please.
Yes, I got sick this morning and now I'm still feeling very wavery and queasy. If I sit kinda still and take deep, slow breaths, I'm fine. I've been sipping on a sprite for the past 2 hours, and I'm just about down to the top of the label on the bottle. I don't know what made me sick...it wasn't the workout at the gym, because I was feeling naseous this morning on the way, so I took it real easy during my workout. In the shower afterwards though, I knew I was headed for that no man's land of "You better MOVE YOUR ASS to the closest bathroom." So as soon as I can get the conditioner out of my hair that's what I did. barely covered in a towel and soaking wet, I made it just in time.
Then I felt like I had to apologize for the poor girl in the stall next to me. That early in the morning I sure as hell wouldn't want to hear that stuff going on next to me! Mom, in typical Southern fashion, simply said, "Well you'll feel better once you get to the office." Hmm...I'm actually thinking I'd feel better curled up in a ball in my bed right about now!
Anyway.
The blog has been a dry desert since I went on Spring Break and I apologize for that. I also apologize for the inevitable length of THIS blog.
Spring Break "Activities"
I didn't really do much, which was nice. We're still broke as hell AND we had different Spring Breaks (Michael's is THIS week) so it's not like we could just go cart off to some exotic locale for our vacation times. One day I did go into work, just to feel like less of a loser for losing work during the week. Tuesday I went to school with Michael and listened in on his kids' voice lessons...I even sang the other half of a duet with one kid so they'd know how it sounded. That actually made my day. That same night I finally got my massage at Elixir spa in Colleyville, Texas (www.elixirdaymaker.com) . I had the Escape package, which included a one-hour massage, parrafin treatments, and a facial. *HEAVEN* I've never felt so amazing in my entire life. My boyfriend gives the best Christmas presents EVER. :) The rest of the week was pretty uneventful...again, which was nice. Friday I went shopping with mom and got a few goodies from Bath and Body Works (they had full-size shower gels on sale for $5 each!!) and we dyed my hair.
That's right. I am officially back to being the RedheadSinger. We got as close to my natural color by accident as we could have on purpose, so I'm just happy it didn't turn green. :) We also went to see The Ring: Two that night with Tyler and Clay. Subsequently, Gerald and Liz showed up and out of all the theatres and all the times and all the rows, Gerald planted his big loud gay mouth right next to Michael. LOL Imagine his joy. :) It was a lot of fun though, and about as good (actually better) than I expected it to be.
Saturday night was awesome...Michael and I went out to dinner at Olive Garden (after his friend freakin ditched us for the 2nd or 3rd time in a row) and really made a relationship-breakthrough. A couple of years ago, Michael revealed to me one of the skeletons in his closet...CatPants was actually there when he did it (we were all drunk, so it came out at a very inappropriate time). Since then, we've talked about it and I'm over it, totally. This weekend, one of my skeletons came out (CatPants, you remember...the one shitty, shitty New Year's Eve) and Michael seemed to think that one of my antics that night was really funny, while I was very ashamed of it. I couldn't understand why he wouldn't just DROP IT, so I finally got upset and asked if we could please change the subject.
Well...later that night at home, we were talking and he said, "Do you want me to be 100% honest with you, like always?" Well, yeah. "That thing you told me earlier made me feel like I was going to throw up...I was just trying to overcompensate for how I felt by making jokes." Wow. For the first time EVER in our relationship, Michael has shown a hint of jealousy and, while I don't want him to be a jealous monster (like I can be), it's nice to know that I really mean so much to him that a time in my life that I regret SO MUCH can upset him so much because of his love for me. I also couldn't resist a very gentle, "Now you know how I felt when you told me that other thing." We just seemed to reach a whole new level of understanding of each other that night.
I could go on for paragraphs and paragraphs about the way we held each other that night and cried a little, the things he said to me and I to him...but I won't bore you all with that. Just know that I love my man very much, and it's impossible to not believe in God when I wake up next to him every morning. *sigh*
Speaking of God...
For all you non-religious types, you may want to skip this section.
Yesterday was Palm Sunday, aka one week before Easter. I was subbing for Sarah for the 3rd or 4th time at Lovers Lane United Methodist Church in Dallas. I really like the services there, plus I like the extra money when I sub for her, so I never mind going. Yesterday was the most amazing, moving service I've been to in a long time.
For the past few weeks at this church (so I was told) there has been a silent procession of the Cross every Sunday morning (whereas there is usually singing, the choir, the clergy, etc). Well, yesterday they changed it up for Palm Sunday. The choir came in singing joyfully, and waving palm branches (yup, just like they did in Jerusalem...and I'm sure the kids of Jerusalem did just what they did yesterday....hit people with their palm branches and then rip them to shreds...lol). At the END of the service, while we the choir sang "God So Loved the World", the clergy took the Cross that was at the altar, replaced the crown of laurels with a crown of thorns, and draped a white shroud over it. This time, there was a silent recession of the Cross. As the acolytes took the Cross down the aisle to the sound of only a large bell tolling from the Gallery, every person in the church stood to acknowledge the passing of the Cross. From my place in the Gallery with the bells and the organ and the choir, it was the most incredible experience, and a harsh reminder of what happened on the day of the crucifixion...it's bittersweet really. Anyone who has seen The Passion of the Christ can't help but flinch with empathy every time the hammer came down or the whip lashed...but there is such joy in the Resurrection and the symbolism of salvation that was offered. :) It really meant so much to me to be able to experience that at church yesterday. :)
On to Something Else now...
Okay you non-religious types, you can start reading again. :)
I finally...and you're hearing it from MY MOUTH, folks....am pissed off at George W. for something. I've been hearing all about the Terri Schiavo case this morning, the woman who suffered brain damage in 1990 and has been in a vegetative state ever since (that's 15 years, kids). The courts, along with her husband (who is also her legal guardian) decided to pull the plug on her feeding tube. Well, George W. (backed by the Christian Coalition...aka People Who Give Christians Their Bad Reputation) hopped a plane from wherever he was "vacationing" to sign a bill into law that says they couldn't do that. Terri Schiavo's parents are throwing a hissy fit, saying she is making progess and that they have no right to choose to end her life. Her husband is arguing that she wouldn't have wanted to live this way, if you call that living. If you ask me, I'd say her husband probably knows her better than her parents do, and if he says she wouldn't want to live like that, he's probably right. But the main problem here is that I personally don't want the government controlling things like that. I'm on the Right to Die side of this coin, and if you can behave, I'd love to hear any comments on this. Just know that if it gets to argumentative, I will start deleting comments and tell you to go find a chat room! :)
That's all for now...I probably should so some work today.
Current Mood: nauseous
Current Music: Jekyll & Hyde
Yes, I got sick this morning and now I'm still feeling very wavery and queasy. If I sit kinda still and take deep, slow breaths, I'm fine. I've been sipping on a sprite for the past 2 hours, and I'm just about down to the top of the label on the bottle. I don't know what made me sick...it wasn't the workout at the gym, because I was feeling naseous this morning on the way, so I took it real easy during my workout. In the shower afterwards though, I knew I was headed for that no man's land of "You better MOVE YOUR ASS to the closest bathroom." So as soon as I can get the conditioner out of my hair that's what I did. barely covered in a towel and soaking wet, I made it just in time.
Then I felt like I had to apologize for the poor girl in the stall next to me. That early in the morning I sure as hell wouldn't want to hear that stuff going on next to me! Mom, in typical Southern fashion, simply said, "Well you'll feel better once you get to the office." Hmm...I'm actually thinking I'd feel better curled up in a ball in my bed right about now!
Anyway.
The blog has been a dry desert since I went on Spring Break and I apologize for that. I also apologize for the inevitable length of THIS blog.
Spring Break "Activities"
I didn't really do much, which was nice. We're still broke as hell AND we had different Spring Breaks (Michael's is THIS week) so it's not like we could just go cart off to some exotic locale for our vacation times. One day I did go into work, just to feel like less of a loser for losing work during the week. Tuesday I went to school with Michael and listened in on his kids' voice lessons...I even sang the other half of a duet with one kid so they'd know how it sounded. That actually made my day. That same night I finally got my massage at Elixir spa in Colleyville, Texas (www.elixirdaymaker.com) . I had the Escape package, which included a one-hour massage, parrafin treatments, and a facial. *HEAVEN* I've never felt so amazing in my entire life. My boyfriend gives the best Christmas presents EVER. :) The rest of the week was pretty uneventful...again, which was nice. Friday I went shopping with mom and got a few goodies from Bath and Body Works (they had full-size shower gels on sale for $5 each!!) and we dyed my hair.
That's right. I am officially back to being the RedheadSinger. We got as close to my natural color by accident as we could have on purpose, so I'm just happy it didn't turn green. :) We also went to see The Ring: Two that night with Tyler and Clay. Subsequently, Gerald and Liz showed up and out of all the theatres and all the times and all the rows, Gerald planted his big loud gay mouth right next to Michael. LOL Imagine his joy. :) It was a lot of fun though, and about as good (actually better) than I expected it to be.
Saturday night was awesome...Michael and I went out to dinner at Olive Garden (after his friend freakin ditched us for the 2nd or 3rd time in a row) and really made a relationship-breakthrough. A couple of years ago, Michael revealed to me one of the skeletons in his closet...CatPants was actually there when he did it (we were all drunk, so it came out at a very inappropriate time). Since then, we've talked about it and I'm over it, totally. This weekend, one of my skeletons came out (CatPants, you remember...the one shitty, shitty New Year's Eve) and Michael seemed to think that one of my antics that night was really funny, while I was very ashamed of it. I couldn't understand why he wouldn't just DROP IT, so I finally got upset and asked if we could please change the subject.
Well...later that night at home, we were talking and he said, "Do you want me to be 100% honest with you, like always?" Well, yeah. "That thing you told me earlier made me feel like I was going to throw up...I was just trying to overcompensate for how I felt by making jokes." Wow. For the first time EVER in our relationship, Michael has shown a hint of jealousy and, while I don't want him to be a jealous monster (like I can be), it's nice to know that I really mean so much to him that a time in my life that I regret SO MUCH can upset him so much because of his love for me. I also couldn't resist a very gentle, "Now you know how I felt when you told me that other thing." We just seemed to reach a whole new level of understanding of each other that night.
I could go on for paragraphs and paragraphs about the way we held each other that night and cried a little, the things he said to me and I to him...but I won't bore you all with that. Just know that I love my man very much, and it's impossible to not believe in God when I wake up next to him every morning. *sigh*
Speaking of God...
For all you non-religious types, you may want to skip this section.
Yesterday was Palm Sunday, aka one week before Easter. I was subbing for Sarah for the 3rd or 4th time at Lovers Lane United Methodist Church in Dallas. I really like the services there, plus I like the extra money when I sub for her, so I never mind going. Yesterday was the most amazing, moving service I've been to in a long time.
For the past few weeks at this church (so I was told) there has been a silent procession of the Cross every Sunday morning (whereas there is usually singing, the choir, the clergy, etc). Well, yesterday they changed it up for Palm Sunday. The choir came in singing joyfully, and waving palm branches (yup, just like they did in Jerusalem...and I'm sure the kids of Jerusalem did just what they did yesterday....hit people with their palm branches and then rip them to shreds...lol). At the END of the service, while we the choir sang "God So Loved the World", the clergy took the Cross that was at the altar, replaced the crown of laurels with a crown of thorns, and draped a white shroud over it. This time, there was a silent recession of the Cross. As the acolytes took the Cross down the aisle to the sound of only a large bell tolling from the Gallery, every person in the church stood to acknowledge the passing of the Cross. From my place in the Gallery with the bells and the organ and the choir, it was the most incredible experience, and a harsh reminder of what happened on the day of the crucifixion...it's bittersweet really. Anyone who has seen The Passion of the Christ can't help but flinch with empathy every time the hammer came down or the whip lashed...but there is such joy in the Resurrection and the symbolism of salvation that was offered. :) It really meant so much to me to be able to experience that at church yesterday. :)
On to Something Else now...
Okay you non-religious types, you can start reading again. :)
I finally...and you're hearing it from MY MOUTH, folks....am pissed off at George W. for something. I've been hearing all about the Terri Schiavo case this morning, the woman who suffered brain damage in 1990 and has been in a vegetative state ever since (that's 15 years, kids). The courts, along with her husband (who is also her legal guardian) decided to pull the plug on her feeding tube. Well, George W. (backed by the Christian Coalition...aka People Who Give Christians Their Bad Reputation) hopped a plane from wherever he was "vacationing" to sign a bill into law that says they couldn't do that. Terri Schiavo's parents are throwing a hissy fit, saying she is making progess and that they have no right to choose to end her life. Her husband is arguing that she wouldn't have wanted to live this way, if you call that living. If you ask me, I'd say her husband probably knows her better than her parents do, and if he says she wouldn't want to live like that, he's probably right. But the main problem here is that I personally don't want the government controlling things like that. I'm on the Right to Die side of this coin, and if you can behave, I'd love to hear any comments on this. Just know that if it gets to argumentative, I will start deleting comments and tell you to go find a chat room! :)
That's all for now...I probably should so some work today.
Current Mood: nauseous
Current Music: Jekyll & Hyde

1 Comments:
mmm food for thought...
See my blog for comments!
:-)
Post a Comment
<< Home