My mouth was open and everything!
Current Mood: TGIF!! "Is it Spring Vacation, or SPRING BREAK, WOO HOO!!!???" (Chandler on "friends")
Current Music: the clock ticking by...slowly.
I didn't feel like I needed Spring Break all that badly until yesterday. Now I'm begging for it, pleading on my hands and knees!! Since I had such a shitty night on Wednesday, crying and being mentally exhausted (thank you, Evil Scale of Doom), Thursday I didn't feel so good most of the day. I did get to have sex that afternoon, so that was kinda nice. :) But last night, after Michael left for rehearsal, I fell asleep on the couch at about 7:30. I woke up when he got home at about 9:45, and I felt awful. I was SO tense in my neck and shoulders, and I had one of those headaches that rests in the very base of your brain almost, making you feel slightly naseous and all over like ass. I barely even remember parts of the evening between Michael getting home and me falling asleep again. Yikes.
Of course, I didn't sleep all through the night. You know, I don't even know why we have a wall in our apartment....because it certainly doesn't do a GODDAMN bit of good keeping the noise out. We also live in the building that is RIGHT THERE when you pull into the apartment complex, so we hear all kinds of noisy engines, people (usually drunk) laughing and talking, the kids at 7:15 in the morning playing and screaming their precious little heads off (one of these mornings I'm going out there with a grenade launcher) while they wait for the bus....It's fun, lemme tell ya. THIS morning, it was someone's baby-daddy picking her up for work at 4:30 IN THE MORNING. Instead of politely getting out of the car and knocking on her door...he proceeds to LEAN ON THE HORN. Several times. Just to make sure that every last person in a 3 mile radius was awake. Pissed doesn't quite describe how I felt at that moment.
An hour later, when my alarm went off for me to get my fat ass out of bed and go to the gym, I was hating everyone. Thank God my mom didnt' feel all that good today either, so she was slightly less chipper than a Happy Tree Friend today. Because of this wonderful mood I was in, I didn't feel like putting up with any of her "motivational" comments today about me being obese, about the condition of my poor, overworked heart (apparently it takes a lot of strain on that bad boy to keep this fat ass moving...according to her), or the fact that if I stay unhealthy I'll get diabetes. I finally told her, in a surprisingly tactful and diplomatic way, that she really needs to mind her own business. Every comment she makes about certain people is succeeded by a comment such as:
"Wow her ass has gotten huge"
"Did you notice how much weight he's gained?"
"She sure has gotten thin, she looks great"
"well when I was pregnant with Derek, I was huge. I weighed 158 lbs! *gasp*"
Conclusion: My mother is obssessed with weight. She even admitted to me that, since she was anorexic in high school, she desperately needs to be "in control." Well, fine...but keep that need for control limited to YOUR OWN BODY. Not mine or anyone else's. She just doesn't realize how often she says these things...and they're quite bitchy and catty. She was kinda pissed at first, but she got over it. It wasn't by any means a "fight."
The workout was cut short (not because of above statements, but because we were both so tired) on the treadmill and we went to the mats to do our situps. One funny thing did happen...we both KNOW it wasn't us, but someone walked by the mats and farted something FIERCE out of their ass. It was SO BAD and mom and I were both a little weak-stomached that early in the morning that we had to leave the area and just go ahead to the showers....or else we were gonna THROW UP. My stomach lurches just thinking about it again....ugh.
In other news...once I got to work today I got a very excited phone call from CatPants. Apparently, the devil incarnate, aka the Executive Director of the Campus Theatre and DCT, has RESIGNED HIS POSITION.
*Hallelujah Chorus*
It's about fucking time. Now...I cannot WAIT to see some (hopefully) very positive changes occuring from the Greater Denton Arts Council once he's gone for good. Score one for the Anti-Scot Federation! WOOT.
I'm pretty wired...a Venti-sized White Chocolate Mocha will do that to ya...that and the prospect of having all next week OFF. I even scheduled my spa package for next Tuesday at 4pm. While other sorry suckas are working, I'll be getting a one-hour massage, a facial (get your mind OUT of the gutter please!) and a hand and feet parrafin treatment. I need this SO badly....
Until tomorrow....Ciao!
Current Music: the clock ticking by...slowly.
I didn't feel like I needed Spring Break all that badly until yesterday. Now I'm begging for it, pleading on my hands and knees!! Since I had such a shitty night on Wednesday, crying and being mentally exhausted (thank you, Evil Scale of Doom), Thursday I didn't feel so good most of the day. I did get to have sex that afternoon, so that was kinda nice. :) But last night, after Michael left for rehearsal, I fell asleep on the couch at about 7:30. I woke up when he got home at about 9:45, and I felt awful. I was SO tense in my neck and shoulders, and I had one of those headaches that rests in the very base of your brain almost, making you feel slightly naseous and all over like ass. I barely even remember parts of the evening between Michael getting home and me falling asleep again. Yikes.
Of course, I didn't sleep all through the night. You know, I don't even know why we have a wall in our apartment....because it certainly doesn't do a GODDAMN bit of good keeping the noise out. We also live in the building that is RIGHT THERE when you pull into the apartment complex, so we hear all kinds of noisy engines, people (usually drunk) laughing and talking, the kids at 7:15 in the morning playing and screaming their precious little heads off (one of these mornings I'm going out there with a grenade launcher) while they wait for the bus....It's fun, lemme tell ya. THIS morning, it was someone's baby-daddy picking her up for work at 4:30 IN THE MORNING. Instead of politely getting out of the car and knocking on her door...he proceeds to LEAN ON THE HORN. Several times. Just to make sure that every last person in a 3 mile radius was awake. Pissed doesn't quite describe how I felt at that moment.
An hour later, when my alarm went off for me to get my fat ass out of bed and go to the gym, I was hating everyone. Thank God my mom didnt' feel all that good today either, so she was slightly less chipper than a Happy Tree Friend today. Because of this wonderful mood I was in, I didn't feel like putting up with any of her "motivational" comments today about me being obese, about the condition of my poor, overworked heart (apparently it takes a lot of strain on that bad boy to keep this fat ass moving...according to her), or the fact that if I stay unhealthy I'll get diabetes. I finally told her, in a surprisingly tactful and diplomatic way, that she really needs to mind her own business. Every comment she makes about certain people is succeeded by a comment such as:
"Wow her ass has gotten huge"
"Did you notice how much weight he's gained?"
"She sure has gotten thin, she looks great"
"well when I was pregnant with Derek, I was huge. I weighed 158 lbs! *gasp*"
Conclusion: My mother is obssessed with weight. She even admitted to me that, since she was anorexic in high school, she desperately needs to be "in control." Well, fine...but keep that need for control limited to YOUR OWN BODY. Not mine or anyone else's. She just doesn't realize how often she says these things...and they're quite bitchy and catty. She was kinda pissed at first, but she got over it. It wasn't by any means a "fight."
The workout was cut short (not because of above statements, but because we were both so tired) on the treadmill and we went to the mats to do our situps. One funny thing did happen...we both KNOW it wasn't us, but someone walked by the mats and farted something FIERCE out of their ass. It was SO BAD and mom and I were both a little weak-stomached that early in the morning that we had to leave the area and just go ahead to the showers....or else we were gonna THROW UP. My stomach lurches just thinking about it again....ugh.
In other news...once I got to work today I got a very excited phone call from CatPants. Apparently, the devil incarnate, aka the Executive Director of the Campus Theatre and DCT, has RESIGNED HIS POSITION.
*Hallelujah Chorus*
It's about fucking time. Now...I cannot WAIT to see some (hopefully) very positive changes occuring from the Greater Denton Arts Council once he's gone for good. Score one for the Anti-Scot Federation! WOOT.
I'm pretty wired...a Venti-sized White Chocolate Mocha will do that to ya...that and the prospect of having all next week OFF. I even scheduled my spa package for next Tuesday at 4pm. While other sorry suckas are working, I'll be getting a one-hour massage, a facial (get your mind OUT of the gutter please!) and a hand and feet parrafin treatment. I need this SO badly....
Until tomorrow....Ciao!

3 Comments:
Girl. Your mom is WHACKED. Wiggidy Wacked, not just regular-type. She weighed 158 pounds? THAT COW!!! I'm surprised her legs didn't break under the immense pressure.
Puleez. I would PAY to weigh 158 pounds.
Sheesh. :-P
I hear ya, Sister Cat Pants. I remember when I thought 158 was being a porker. Now I would kill to be 158!
With apologies, http://www.livejournal.com/users/thelandsnark
Post a Comment
<< Home