Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Hello my name is Fabulous

current mood: very sleepy
current music: "What is this Feeling?" from Wicked

I keep forgetting that my Spring Break is next week...normally I'm begging and pleading for it to get here sooner. Maybe it's because usually I'm involved in a show, or going to school and working 5 days a week, instead of working 3 and going to school 2 like this semester..or maybe it's because I know I need the money and unfortunately I work at school. My boss is cool, though, she's letting me come in one day next week, mainly because she needs to get work done. That way at least I won't be broke because of a week off from getting paid.

As I was glancing through my calendar, though....I saw the dreaded circle around tomorrow's date. Tomorrow is the always pleasant, slightly humiliating "annual" visit to the "you-know-what" doctor. I LOATHE these appointments. I hate being that exposed to someone who delivered me when I was born. The only good thing about these appointments (besides their health value in making sure nothing weird is going on) is that I get about 3 months worth of b.c. pills for free along with my new prescription. Still, I dread it. I would say, think of me at about 4:30 tomorrow afternoon, but, considering the position I'll be in at the time, please don't. :(

American Idol wrap-up. Guys, Monday night:

1. Scott Savol- "I Can't Help Myself": Scott has been a favorite of mine ever since he auditioned in the way earlier rounds. The complaints about him so far, I have agreed with...he doesn't move around much, and he really lacks charisma. He also has an "F You" attitude when people try to work with him, as was seen when he had to work with his small group back in Hollywood. Last night was a tremendous step up for him. He sang a good song, kept his eyes open, and even moved around a bit. Not bad at all, for having to be the first one out of the gate last night. I give him a B.

2. Bo Bice- "I'll Be": Bo seems to be a "love him" or "hate him" type of guy from the reviews I have heard. I for one, LOVE HIM. I think he's so hot in that white trash, take me out behind the barn and F*ck me against a wall kind of way. LOL (yes, I told Michael that, and yes he laughed his ass off). He took things a totally different way last night by singing Edwin McCain's ballad. I think he rocked the pants off the song, as he does every week. I give him an A+.

3. Nikko Smith- "Georgia on my Mind": This guy has been another of my favorites ever since the final 12 guys were picked. I LOVED his rendition of "Part Time Lovers" the first week. Last night, I was quite skeptical when he began singing this Ray Charles number. It started out pretty low key and a little uncomfortable, but he proceeded to whale on it at the end. He sold it. You have to if you do Ray Charles. B+

4. Mario Vasquez- "How Can You Mend a Broken Heart?": I LOVE Mario. He's got the look, the charm, and the voice to go far. I didn't particularly care for the song he chose, but I thought it was imperative that he show the audience his voice pure and simple. He usually does upbeat, energetic stuff, so this was important for him. He did it well. Nothing special, but it was good. A-

5. Travis Tucker- "Every Little Step": This guy is AWFUL. Even though Joe Murena wasn't one of my favorites, there is NO WAY IN HELL that he should've gotten booted last week and this moron stay on. Travis Tucker is unimpressive, a bad singer, and a horrible dancer. And his Bobby Brown impression was atrocious. F

6. Anthony Federov- "I've Got You": I've liked Anthony, but I'm getting a little tired of him always playing the "English isn't my first language" and "I didn't think I'd ever speak again!" cards over and over and over. He's got a great voice. But he lacks something that makes him really stand out. He's going to have to get a little more personality if he wants to stay in the competition. People are comparing him to Clay Aiken, but even Clay had this geeky charm about him that people loved. Better step it up, Anthony. A

7. Constantine Maroulis- "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic": I love Constantine. I love both the rockers...but give me Bo over Constantine any day of the week. Constantine is cute and looks really sweet...but again he lacks an edge over the other contestants. This was not a good song for him...Sting does some strange melodies, and Constantine had trouble with them. He ended well, but I don't think it was good enough. B-/C+

8. Anwar Robinson- "What a Wonderful World": Okay so I'm a little biased because that's my favorite song in the whole universe. But Anwar kicked the CRAP out of it last night. He is by far my favorite. Probably because he's a music teacher and has the best pitch and uses his voice best of all of the guys. He will be singing for a long time, and I think he's a contender to win this competition. A++++

Guys I think will get voted off:
1. Scott Savol
2. Travis Tucker

Guys who better watch out:
1. Constantine Maroulis
2. Anthony Federov

That's it for now! Have to go study for a test! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Redhead Editor said...

I am not an AI fan, but St. Louis was abuzz with the news of Nikko's return! (We were sad to see Aloha go.) My daughter saw "Rent" last year on campus and Constantine was in it. She got his picture and autograph and he e-mails her when his band (Pray for the Soul of Betty) plays nearby. That's my only connection, but it's pretty cool.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home