Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Ding Dong! "I wonder who knows I could be vacationing at the Oasis...You?"

OH. MY. GOD.

Last night's auditions...LOL....Before I get to the funny stuff though..

CatPants did an awesome job last night, and I must say I'm more than just a little proud of her. I always worry that I'll feel really competitive with my friends when we are going for the same role, but I didn't feel that way with her. I'm just glad that she was calm, looked good, sounded really good, and danced her ass off with the rest of them. I also feel that I sang well..I'm not real sure though...It was over SO quickly. CatPants (I keep wanting to type your real name) and I were by far the top of the bunch. We both got to read for Sally, and that bitch got to read for Fraulein Kost as well... :) I'm pretty confident that we'll both get called back (I'd even say that I'm sure of it...but I've been totally wrong before...real recently). The dance audition was SO fun, but my lower back muscles are sore this morning from some of the stripper moves we were trying to pull off! I felt like one sexy bitch though. :)

Now on to the Guffman moments. (literally laughing out loud at my desk). Now...I didn't see any of the guys perform (dammit), so this is all based on the female population. CatPants and I were both fortunate enough to be surrounded (well she went first, so she was just succeded) by total whack-jobs. The girl after her was about 40-50 (hard to tell with the outfit), was wearing a HOT PINK little mini-dress along with pink/black fishnets on. I pause from filling out my audition sheet to watch (always interested in my competition) her perform. She gives John (the accompanist) a CD...pretty uncouth for auditions, but I've seen it before. I figure she's either going to sing along with the CD, or that the CD has an accompaniment track with it. WRONG ON BOTH COUNTS.

She puts in the Chicago CD (by the way..I was totally right that I'd hear SEVERAL songs from that show at the auditions), goes to the "I Can't Do It Alone" track....

and proceeds to LIP SYNCH along with the CD as well as putting in some dance moves!!! I was horrified. The directors are better people than I am, because I would've stopped her and been like , "Um, can you please sing something for us, even if it's acapella?" But they let her "sing" the whole thing...probably so she wouldn't be embarrassed. I'm not sure what happened when she was done b/c I had to leave the room. The guffaws of laughter were about to escape, so I feigned going to the bathroom. The funniest moment was, right when she started, Michael leaned over to me and said, "Wow that's amazing...she sounds exactly like Catherine Zeta-Jones." LMFAO. That is when I had to excuse myself.

When it was almost my turn, there were literally 4 girls who sang before me, acapella. Now, that's fine if you say, forget your sheet music or something. However...it has been my experience that directors don't prefer that at ALL. All that proves is that you've memorized something from a CD and probably cannot follow an accompanist and/or find a pitch center while one is playing. I just think it's really tacky...poor audition etiquette. I could tell John wasn't amused, either.

I also loved, during the scene-reading, the many different pronunciations of "Fraulein Schneider," "Ernst Ludwig," and "Herr Schultz." LOL

Either way, no matter what happened or how many Guffman moments there were (the auditions were in a church, which is VERY Guffman...lol), I feel 90% confident that I'll get a callback, and probably a role as a Kit Kat Girl at the very least. The other 10% is simply the fact that I've gotten burned on my last 3 auditions. We'll see what happens. :)

Auf wiedersehn.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

Dude. That woman. Dude. OMG. Terrible. OMG, I quite literally had to leave the room, I mean RUN out of the room.

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home