Cute little babies that fall out of swings - These are a few of my favorite things. --Oscar Hammerstein
I am not even going to bother commenting on each of the girls on American Idol last night. They were ALL HORRIBLE. Seriously, it was to the point where I'd watch them till they finished their song, then I'd change the channel to "Friends" just because it made me uncomfortable to see the judges try to be tactful about how awful they were. Jesus....it really depresses me, too.
Babs came over last night and we had a lot of really good conversation...much different from the "good" conversation we usually have that consists of gossip and making fun of people we don't like. :) No, seriously though, we talked about some serious stuff, and it was good to kinda get introspective and deep for a night. We talked about love, relationships, God; how the three should and can intermingle together....
We also talked about Cabaret and the whole fiasco that I've been putting myself through. I've discovered through some self-examining that there are several reasons why this one upset me more than the others. One of the reasons, I discovered after American Idol was over last night...
I WANT TO SING. And I have no outlet for that right now. I'm not in choir, I'm trying to be in shows and getting rejected...and singing in the car and the shower is quickly becoming quite unsatisfying. There's all this energy inside me that I usually have been able to let out through some musical outlet and, right now anyway, I have no musical outlet. I find myself wanting to belt out the songs on my Yahoo radio while I'm at my desk at work, and I can't (well I guess I could, but my colleagues might not appreciate that). Every time I get an issue of The Column or a DFW Auditions notice, I frantically scan down the page for a church position, a show audition, ANYTHING that might let me have a musical outlet. It's really frustrating...I'd almost equate it to sexual frustration.....almost. :)
Babs came over last night and we had a lot of really good conversation...much different from the "good" conversation we usually have that consists of gossip and making fun of people we don't like. :) No, seriously though, we talked about some serious stuff, and it was good to kinda get introspective and deep for a night. We talked about love, relationships, God; how the three should and can intermingle together....
We also talked about Cabaret and the whole fiasco that I've been putting myself through. I've discovered through some self-examining that there are several reasons why this one upset me more than the others. One of the reasons, I discovered after American Idol was over last night...
I WANT TO SING. And I have no outlet for that right now. I'm not in choir, I'm trying to be in shows and getting rejected...and singing in the car and the shower is quickly becoming quite unsatisfying. There's all this energy inside me that I usually have been able to let out through some musical outlet and, right now anyway, I have no musical outlet. I find myself wanting to belt out the songs on my Yahoo radio while I'm at my desk at work, and I can't (well I guess I could, but my colleagues might not appreciate that). Every time I get an issue of The Column or a DFW Auditions notice, I frantically scan down the page for a church position, a show audition, ANYTHING that might let me have a musical outlet. It's really frustrating...I'd almost equate it to sexual frustration.....almost. :)

1 Comments:
I know how you feel. I'm tired of telling people (lots of people VERY close to me) that I sing and not having a way to show them Im not a liar.
Post a Comment
<< Home