Wednesday, March 23, 2005

As Promised....

SWEET!! MORE, I ALWAYS WANT MORE!!!-------->

(copied...likely illegally...from http://www.idolonfox.com)

IMPORTANT PROGRAM NOTE CHANGE
Due to an error with the graphics shown on-screen (incorrect voting numbers were displayed) during the performance recap at the end of last night’s AMERICAN IDOL, a live, one-hour show will air tonight, Wednesday, March 23 9/8c on FOX, to enable a re-vote. This new show will combine new live elements with encores of Tuesday’s performances from the remaining 11 contestants.
Phone lines will open at the conclusion of tonight's show and will remain open for two hours to give viewers the chance to vote for their favorite contestants and keep them in the competition. Only the voting results from tonight’s show will determine who received the lowest number of votes and will be sent home this week. Tune in to see who America has chosen to stay and who is sent home on the live results show tomorrow, Thursday, March 24 9/8c live on FOX.

Frecklehead's comment: I love it. There's never anything good on on Thursday nights anyway, so now I"ll have something to watch!

Last night's IDOL re-cap: Last night's theme was "Billboard Number 1 Songs" which gave the contestants a HUGE variety of songs to pick. Interesting theme, and it worked out well....for most. I also can't remember which order they sang in, thanks to the website. But my one judge comment for the evening: SOMETHING happened between Simon and Paula..I think they had sex between last week and this. She was holding his hand at the beginning of the show and he kept putting his hand on her shoulder. But then it was like the sad little drunk college girl that f*cked the Frat President, following him around like a puppy when all he wants to do is forget about it. She kept attacking him like a dog in heat and he looked like he wanted to get FAR AWAY by the end of the show. Weird. SOMEBODY take the alcohol and ludes away from that woman before each show.

Performance Ratings: (without songs...the damn website doesn't have what they sang last night yet, so I can't remember them all!!)

Anthony Federov- Blah. Move on. You'll be a great Seymour Krelbourne some day. You're a cutie pie with a voice that girls in community theatres everywhere will swoon for. You remind me too much of Redheaded John from last season (with much more talent than him, however...take that as the compliment it is). Song was better...at least you took the judges' advice and tried to be a little more up-tempo. Grade: C+

Carrie Underwood- One word, sister: HOT. Taking the judge's advice and singing something other than country. Yes, we all know that's your forte, but you proved above and beyond that you have the pipes to be incredibly versatile. Way to go on the song (I do remember this one: "Alone" by Heart), you sang the shit out of it. Nice hair too....it's nice to see you looking less like LeAnn Rimes and more like Jenna Jameson...but on such a sweet face it wasn't trashy. :) Grade: A+++++

Nikko Smith- Hey, we actually heard your voice tonight! I love all the Michael Jackson stuff you've been doing, but it didn't showcase your voice. I have to admit, I was a little leery of picking a Sisqo song out of the hundreds of songs to choose from, but you sang it well. Nice, classy outfit and performance as well. You exposed yourself, showed us the real Nikko Smith's voice, and proved yourself worthy. Bravo. Grade: B+

Vonzell Solomon- I don't know what to think about you...I can't quite agree with Maribou Sue in saying you look like a Klingon, but there's something unnerving about you...something akin to Jennifer "Crazy Eyes" Hudson from last season. Anyway, much better performance tonight. It's obvious that you took the judges' advice from last week to heart, and made yourself heard this week. Good job, though. Grade: B

Bo Bice- oh my darling, sweet Bo. You will so be in the top 3 (at least) of this competition. Even the judges know it. I never would have imagined you singing "Time in a Bottle" but it was very good. You manage to keep your style consistent even when crossing genres of music. Having the acoustic guitar player on stage with you was a HUGE performance plus for me. Once again, amazing performance! Grade: A+

Nadia Turner- Oh my god. I used to like you, but you're too inconsistent. I know some people piss their pants with glee when you come onstage, but I'm just unimpressed. The mohawk was a BAD move, and the song wasn't good for you. Cyndi Lauper's songs are basically shit, but her unique voice made them hits. Your voice does not work for a Cyndi Lauper number 1 hit, sweetie. I really hope this wasn't your last chance...you better be careful. Grade: D

Scott Savol- one of mine and Michael's favorites, you are. I don't care what Queen John says about you, you have a fantastic voice, and you know what? You have more stage presence than Ruben "Snooze-fest" Studdard, the other Big Boy contestant. You did some nice things last night, if you were more over-the-top with your movements you'd look awkward. Do what you know how to do. Do I think you'll make it to the final 3-5? I hope so, honey, but unfortunately most of America sees talent through shit-colored glasses. Grade: A-

Mikalah Gordon- Terrible. Buy some tissues, because you're going home in tears on Thursday. Grade: F

Constantine Maroulis- after a couple of shaky episodes, you're finally going back to your roots and remembering your strong points. I have to admit, I didn't think you could pull of the Patridge Family hit, "I think I love you" but the arrangement was funky and cool, and you really made it your own. Way to go, dude. Welcome to the next level. Grade: A

Anwar Robinson- I don't usually say this, but Simon was right in that eventually you'd get boring. I love your voice on tunes like "Moon River" and "What a Wonderful World" but it's obvious those are where your strengths lie. I applaud you for attempting Chaka Khan last night, but it was just a very lukewarm performance...and believe me, it pains me to say that. :( Sorry, I still think you're beautiful. Grade: C

Jessica Sierra- I have to admit that "Total Eclipse of the Heart" is one of my favorite 80's songs, and I was pumped to see that you were singing that. You did a great job...be careful of the high notes in your songs..my throat starts to hurt when I hear you squeezing them out...(can you say, "Nodes?")...maybe transpose your songs, and find your own "money note," it doesn't have to be in the original key of the song. PS I love your style...that top was beautiful last night. Grade: A

Frecklehead's Predictions:
Top 3 Performances of the Night:
1. Carrie Underwood
2. Bo Bice
3. Jessica Sierra

Who will be in the bottom 3:
1. Mikalah Gordon
2. Nadia Turner
3. Anthony Federov

Who will get voted off:
If it's NOT Mikalah, I'm boycotting the show for a week.

That's it!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home