No Flag, No Country!! Those are rules...I've...just made up!
I think I need a new alarm clock. Yes, I'm blaming it on the alarm clock. Either it's broken, or I totally smashed it into silence in my sleep. I woke up feeling quite rested, opened my eyes....noticed it was a bit brighter than it should be at 5:30am..only to notice that it was 7:00am actually. Another morning I overslept and missed the gym. *sigh* I hate when I do that...especially on mornings when I actually wanted to go and work out. Obviously my body needed the rest though. AND I had time to blow dry my hair straight (impossible to do that at the gym...because by the time I'm done I'm all sweaty and my hair curls in weird places anyway). So I have gorgeous, model hair today. And that makes me happy. :)
It always feels, by Friday, that it's been such a long damn week. Thank God Michael had some nights off this week though, between show weekends. That left time for watching some American Idol, actually cooking dinner rather than picking something greasy up en route somewhere, and of course...time for some MIND BLOWING SEX. LOL sorry...guess I'm still recovering.. ;)
It actually was a pretty good week, though. Uneventful for the most part, thank goodness. I have made some recent personal developments that make me very happy and confident (at least moreso than usual). Babs came over for a little bit the other night and made a comment that I looked like I'd lost weight (yay! *happy dance*). I don't think I have lost much, if any, but I know that I feel really great. I am able to wear a skirt I haven't worn (ever) for Cabaret auditions this coming Tuesday....and feel damn sexy in it. Another reason I feel so great is actually because of those upcoming auditions. I have such a confident feeling about myself and Michael getting into this show, and it's a different kind of confidence than I've ever had for another audition. The same "I know I could do it damn well" feeling is there; but there's something new...for both of us..and that's the feeling that, "You know what? We're damn talented people and if this door closes, it only means another one will open." It's bizarre that we both feel this way, but I just feel...right about this for us. :)
One more thing...I've recently made a revelation about life in general. I have decided to make a conscious effort to be more laid-back (isn't that kind of an oxymoron? an effort to be laid-back? lol) and not wear my heart proudly out around my neck with big neon arrows pointing to it anymore. I'm also very carefully and committedly building up a very thin (we're talking fiberglass) wall around myself. I don't think that's a bad thing. I'm not going to become some hard-hearted stoic, by any means. But I think that for a person like me who has always been sensitive, had thin skin, cried at the drop of a hat, and let the tiniest things ruin her day...this can only make me a stronger person. I am not going to let an unreciprocated apology ruin my day (I've made the first move, what more can I do? I'm not going to beg). I am not going to let blog comments phase me (and I'm DAMN sure not going to remove my blog or blog posts because of them). I am not going to get in the middle of friends' fights anymore (read: I will of course still be a good friend and let people vent to me anytime they want, but from now on my reaction will NOT be to figure out how to take any side. It will be purely to be an understanding, listening ear).
Keep in mind: I am who I am. I will always be sensitive...and I will probably still cry over these things...but I'll do it in the privacy of my own little apartment, onto the shoulder of the strong man in my life. I'm tired of drama (the kind that isn't in the script). Call me naive, but can't we all just get along?
Life is too short...I realized this morning when some crazy mother f*cker on the highway almost clipped the front of my car off when he tried to speed up and squeeze his way in front of me when there was another car I was quickly approaching from the side. I didn't even flip him off...I just laid on my horn right behind him for the next 2 miles. :-D he he he
Current Mood: Peaceful
Current Music: Josh Groban; Gira Con Me...no wait, now it's Grasslands Chant from the Broadway Lion King album....
It always feels, by Friday, that it's been such a long damn week. Thank God Michael had some nights off this week though, between show weekends. That left time for watching some American Idol, actually cooking dinner rather than picking something greasy up en route somewhere, and of course...time for some MIND BLOWING SEX. LOL sorry...guess I'm still recovering.. ;)
It actually was a pretty good week, though. Uneventful for the most part, thank goodness. I have made some recent personal developments that make me very happy and confident (at least moreso than usual). Babs came over for a little bit the other night and made a comment that I looked like I'd lost weight (yay! *happy dance*). I don't think I have lost much, if any, but I know that I feel really great. I am able to wear a skirt I haven't worn (ever) for Cabaret auditions this coming Tuesday....and feel damn sexy in it. Another reason I feel so great is actually because of those upcoming auditions. I have such a confident feeling about myself and Michael getting into this show, and it's a different kind of confidence than I've ever had for another audition. The same "I know I could do it damn well" feeling is there; but there's something new...for both of us..and that's the feeling that, "You know what? We're damn talented people and if this door closes, it only means another one will open." It's bizarre that we both feel this way, but I just feel...right about this for us. :)
One more thing...I've recently made a revelation about life in general. I have decided to make a conscious effort to be more laid-back (isn't that kind of an oxymoron? an effort to be laid-back? lol) and not wear my heart proudly out around my neck with big neon arrows pointing to it anymore. I'm also very carefully and committedly building up a very thin (we're talking fiberglass) wall around myself. I don't think that's a bad thing. I'm not going to become some hard-hearted stoic, by any means. But I think that for a person like me who has always been sensitive, had thin skin, cried at the drop of a hat, and let the tiniest things ruin her day...this can only make me a stronger person. I am not going to let an unreciprocated apology ruin my day (I've made the first move, what more can I do? I'm not going to beg). I am not going to let blog comments phase me (and I'm DAMN sure not going to remove my blog or blog posts because of them). I am not going to get in the middle of friends' fights anymore (read: I will of course still be a good friend and let people vent to me anytime they want, but from now on my reaction will NOT be to figure out how to take any side. It will be purely to be an understanding, listening ear).
Keep in mind: I am who I am. I will always be sensitive...and I will probably still cry over these things...but I'll do it in the privacy of my own little apartment, onto the shoulder of the strong man in my life. I'm tired of drama (the kind that isn't in the script). Call me naive, but can't we all just get along?
Life is too short...I realized this morning when some crazy mother f*cker on the highway almost clipped the front of my car off when he tried to speed up and squeeze his way in front of me when there was another car I was quickly approaching from the side. I didn't even flip him off...I just laid on my horn right behind him for the next 2 miles. :-D he he he
Current Mood: Peaceful
Current Music: Josh Groban; Gira Con Me...no wait, now it's Grasslands Chant from the Broadway Lion King album....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home