Monday, February 28, 2005

Hooray for Hollywood

I'm sure everyone and their mom is going to do some sort of Oscar Night re-cap today, so I'll try to make mine as short as possible (btw, JG...it's Charlize Theron, not Charlene Thereon..LOL).

I thought the Oscars were, overall, pretty boring. Chris Rock was a terrible host. And I got kinda pissed when he even addressed The Passion of the Christ and Farenheit 9/11. They weren't nominated...get over it. There was no need to even address those movies, and all that did was create a bit of palpable tension in the audience.

I thought the new way of bringing nominees up on the stage was very cruel and terrible. Why have the Oscars turned into American Idol??? "The Aviator...you are safe." LOL Horrible. We were watching some of the show at the Forum cast party last night, and Sean said he wanted to see one of them throw a fit when they didn't win...just to bring the energy up in the place. haha.

About the winners...SOOOOO happy to see Cate Blanchett and Morgan Freeman win the Oscars for supporting roles!! I think they are both tremendously talented actors, and the roles they played merited recognition. I don't know how the Academy picked a Best Actor! I am glad, however, that Jamie Foxx won. As for Best Actress....*sigh*...I SO wanted Annette Bening to win. I have nothing against Hilary Swank, but I really wanted to see Annette win this year. You could tell that Catalina chick from Maria, Full of Grace really thought she was going to win, though! Her face was showing some obvious disappointment! I did think that Swank's speech was very classy (if a little boring), almost as if she was damn surprised she won again.

There was nothing spectacular, fashion-wise, last night. I thought these people looked like total shit:
Drew Barrymore
Laura Linney
Renee Zellweger (i'm sorry...but she looked horrible)
Natalie Portman
Hillary Swank (BAD dress)
Cate Blanchett (face was gorgeous, hair beautiful..hated her citrus colored dress)
Barbara Streisand

And these people looked amazing:
Beyonce Knowles
Salma Hayek
Kate Winslet (sticking by my guns that she's the most gorgeous woman in Hollywood)
Catalina Sandina Moreno
Virginia Madsen

Best Looking Since Having Babies:
Julia Roberts (she was absolutely GLOWING)
Gwyneth Paltrow (she looked absolutely stunning..don't care what anyone else says)

And was it just me, or did Dustin Hoffman look like he was totally shit-faced drunk when he presented with Barbara Streisand?? He could barely stand still, much less talk straight! He kept wavering, and I thought he was going to fall over if it weren't for Babs holding his hand! Jeez, people..I know the show is boring, but if you're going to present...lay off the liquor till the after parties!

That's my wrap-up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home