Monday, February 07, 2005

hmmmm

Current mood: contemplative
Current music: the 4th act of Giuseppe Verdi's Aida

I'm feeling very contemplative right now. While I work on catalog files for the new undergraduate bulletin, all I'm thinking about is how my friends and I just can't seem to ever face what's bugging us face-to-face. Grab our problems by the balls and attempt to fix them. Keep in mind I'm including myself in this, wholeheartedly.

We like to call our other friends who aren't directly involved (or email, as the case may be) and cry and complain and "what do I do?" to them, when we should contact the person who committed the act that upsets us.

And why can't we just be more like men and have a "who gives a fuck" attitude about it if the person is a big asshole baby when/if we DO get the balls to confront them? Instead, we get MORE upset. Again, I'm guilty too. One of the guiltiest.

Are we just gluttons for Drama? I mean, deep down, subconsciously, do we LOVE it? Do we need it? Is a day without drama just too weird and twilight-zone-ish for us to handle? And if so, WHY? I'm reminded of Miranda on Sex & The City when she gets SO frustrated that the four of them, all beautiful independent and SMART women, let themselves focus on all the negative things going on (ie MEN) in their lives.


I find myself emailing others, writing in my blog, doing all but just moving on with my day and letting it roll off my back.

A while back, Maribou Sue (rightonhigh5.livejournal.com) wrote a blog about things she wishes she could change about herself and wondered if her readers had anything they would change about her.

Here's what I would change about her, and ME, and my other dear friends:

I would change the fact that while we are all loving, passionate people, we wear our hearts proudly on our sleeves. Sometimes it's okay, I think, to stick it in your front pocket every now and then.

I hate feeling hurt, and I hate when my friends hurt. I love you all.


2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy said...

*sneef* I love you too!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Redhead Editor said...

I need to put your blog on mine. Is that how you found Poppymom? She is fun, isn't she? Both of us are in St. Louis, but I have never met her. I am friends with Fluid Pudding who knows Poppymom. Thanks for reading my blog. I am obsessed with my new counter forgetting that every time I check in, it makes the counter go up. Half the number must be ME. God, I'm stupid! Here's to life on Rocky Road.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home