Monday, February 07, 2005

Finally! An update!!

I know. I"ve been a horrible blogger (bad Frecklehead, BAD Frecklehead!) lately. I've actually been quite busy with work and school and by the time I get home, so sue me if I would rather have sex than write in my online blog. :-D

Let's move backwards, shall we, and start with the mother-fucking Super Bowl. That way all my theatre friends can scroll down and get past the info that they could care less about.

Flop, Eagles, Flop...
The best thing about that game was the commercials, unfortunately. One of the requirements of being a good, true fan of a team is to be able to "boo" them and yell and curse at the television when they look like shit. The Eagles lost to the Patriots last night, 24-21. In no particular order, here is why the game sucked:

1. The Eagles did an awesome job at holding America's team last night. This sucks because they could have won last night. Tom Brady wasn't in his best form.
2. Terrell Owens, the INJURED wide receiver, looked better than just about every other player.
3. Michael Irvin was right.
4. Donovan McNabb threw at least 4 interceptions. He NEVER throws interceptions. I seriously cried when he threw that last one to Tedy Bruschi (whom I HATE).
5. The team seemed to give up in the fourth quarter, when it was SO important that they stay focused. They came within 3 points of tying the game, but due to PISS POOR clock management and one key interception, they lost the goddamn game.
6. The Patriots are now being called a "dynasty" because they've won 3 Super Bowls in the past 5 years. Congrats to them. What no one fails to mention is that they've won each by only 3 points, so it's not like they're blowing teams out of the water.
7. I REALLY wanted the Eagles to win. Philly fans deserve a championship.
8. The team was seen smiling and seemed unfocused at crucial game moments.
9. Todd Pinkston got hurt.
10. I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY FUCKING LOST THIS GAME. They played like ass. However, the good thing is, if they can play like ass and only come up 3 points short, that just goes to show you that they ARE a good team. Just didn't play well last night.

Luckily, my brother (a known Eagle-hater) didn't call me to gloat. I had my head in my hands to hide the tears for about 10 min after the game. Okay my Super Bowl rant is over.

The main good things about the game:
Will Smith pulling for Philly
The National Anthem and the halftime show kicked ASS.
Tom Brady is the enemy...but he's fucking HOT.

The End

I'm SPICY!!!
That has nothing to do with anything. I just freakin love that commercial. So, I got up at 5:30 again this morning to go work out with my mom. It sucked ASS getting up that early, but once again, I feel good. I'm still not up to actually running on the treadmill, but I walk really fast, and it makes me sweat and gets my heart rate up. I'm afraid if my heart rate goes any higher (it shows me what it is on the treadmill) that it will explode. And that would just be messy.

Now I have my coffee and my special K red berries cereal, and I'm a happy camper. I'll be nodding off in about 3 hours, but for now, I'm good.

This weekend was interesting. After spending the night with my mom on Thursday night ( I don't like to sleep in the apartment alone when Michael is gone...he was in Rochester auditioning at Eastman) we got up and worked out together on Friday morning. Worked all day, with intermittent phone calls from Michael. What sucks is he had to be at Eastman at 9am for meetings and shit, and didn't actually sing until almost 5pm. For anyone who knows real singing, that really blows. Because you warm up ass-early, you find out you don't sing till ass-later...then you try to keep your voice warm but end up wearing it out.

He wasn't thrilled with the way he sang, and nothing I could say to him would console him. I know for a FACT, though, that he did way better than he thinks. He's a perfectionist. And, with the exception of ONE time, he's always gotten what he's auditioned for, even (if not especially) when he thinks he sucked. By the time he flew in on Saturday (I love picking up people at the airport...I love to make a big mushy scene when I see someone I love coming through the glass doors) he felt a little better about his audition. There's a long story in there, but I'll spare you.

He had been up since 3:45am EST, so after a quick trip to Wendy's we went home to take a quick (3 hour) nap. When we woke up he was complaining of a headache and upset stomach. I pampered him the best I could, then finally went to get him some ginger ale at the store. I mean, usually he just complains because, you know, men are babies when they're sick. But he was seriously moaning with every exhale. Freaked me out.

By the time I got home he was positively green. I made him some ginger ale and told him to sip it slowly and went to get the trash can out of the bathroom for him. Next thing I know he's shoving past me. Knowing what was about to happen, I got the HELL out of the way. My poor baby managed to throw up everything but his toenails. I felt AWFUL for him. I know he was embarrassed, but my mother instinct took over and I went in and wiped his face with a cold rag and tried to help him sit up. After 2 more trips to the bathroom (and one call to the cops because the fucking neighbors were playing their LOUD ASS music so loudly that I couldn't think straight), he finally felt ready to go to sleep. Hell, I was exhausted by this point.

Yesterday he felt better, but had a slight fever. I really hope this is just a tiny little bug, and not the flu. He has two more auditions this weekend in Boston and I want him to feel better. I hope he stays home today if he even feels SLIGHTLY bad. :( He was so cute and apologetic. He felt horribly that he'd been gone for 2 days and then comes home and makes me take care of him. LOL I didn't care...it's actually really nice to have someone to take care of and feel needed. :)

Okay I"ll probably blog more today. That's it for now though, I need to finish my cereal.

OH WAIT! couple of links for your morning:

COOL streaming music sight of classical vocal (operatic and choral) music:
www.vivalavoce.com

AND a great new blog I've found:
www.poppymom.com

Have a good Monday!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home