Friday, January 14, 2005

The Soprano


It doesn't get much more diva than this! Posted by Hello

As part of my recent quest to do things for me and Michael that are uplifting and healthy, I decided to splurge a little bit. Renée Fleming will be performing a recital at the Bass Performance Hall (www.basshall.com) on April 25, 2005. The only seats available (it's already almost sold out!) were on the floor level, orchestra right. At $55 a pop, that's a pretty damn good deal. So, I bought two of them. We just got her DVD for Christmas and, after watching it all the way through, I am so glad I bought these tickets. She is an amazing performer. I know a lot of people who don't prefer her particular style or tone quality, but a true singer who knows, and I mean really knows how the voice works, cannot honestly say with a pure conscience that she is anything less than spectacular. She's one of the few singers I have encountered (and I've encountered LOTS) that I enjoy more while watching them perform live. Usually I just add a singer to my list of "Love their voice, but can't watch them sing because they do weird things." Not Renée. Wow. I am SO excited about this concert...I just wish it weren't three months away!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home